Purchased a download for base package, but the download is not starting

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Debra Milner | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:10 PM

I purchased the Platinum package for download.  The confirmation page said to close Logos 4 and reopen and that the downloads would start automatically.....

Is there a time frame for this to happen?  So far, nothing has downloaded and I'm getting a bit frustrated.

Posts 29734
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:31 PM

Debra - Typically downloads are nearly instantaneous. I have been working with another user who made a purchase today and is having trouble with downloads. I am wondering if Logos is having problems with their servers tonight / this weekend. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 14
Debra Milner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2011 11:22 PM

Thanks for the response.  I have been struggling with the decision to purchase or not to purchase for over a week now. I started my Masters this term and have a looooonnnnggg way to go. Lugging around commentaries and other resources as I travel to work, visit family or other places has nearly killed my back and I knew I had to get a good electronic resource. I know that a 5-7pound laptop (with accessories) or the mini is a whole lot lighter than carrying around the actual books.  I am currently working on a paper that is due very soon and hoped to have a couple of the resources (specifically the interlinears and lexicons) available tonight or tomorrow.

It appears it may have finally started a short while ago....my laptop suddenly has gone into overdrive and the processes in task manager shows logos4indexer hard at work.  So, it is off to bed tonight and we'll see what is available tomorrow morning...

Have a blessed day.

Posts 29734
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 4:31 AM

Debra - 

From the sound of it, you are brand new to Logos. Hopefully by the time you read this you will have figured things out, but you should be aware that it takes a LONG time to download and index. It is worth it in the end. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:06 AM

Hmmm .... I just bought a big stack of books for what amounts to commentaries on the targums. They're so good, I have them in the kitchen,

But it's getting PRETTY FRUSTRATING. I can't search them. Everytime I want to read one, I have to get up and go in the kitchen. And I really like highlighting passages but then I have to remember my highlighter pens (16 of them, of course).

Next, there's books all over the kitchen table. It's a real mess.

I don't know why the family's complaining. 'Why can't you use Logos for your books?!!!'

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 14
Debra Milner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:40 AM

Denise, my family has not seen my kitchen table in over a week..Big Smile  and I very much understand the aggravation of having to manually search (and where ARE those highlighers anyway?) for what I am looking for.  I mean I KNOW I read it just a bit ago, but WHAT book was it in and WHERE?

Based on what has indexed so far, I have now been able to put away 4 books from the stack....(actually have room for my coffee cup now).  Once the NIV interlinear and a new testament dictionary come up, I can remove two more largish volumes.....

I do believe I have died and gone to research heaven and have been kicking myself for the last hour for waiting so long to buy this.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 4:14 PM

Wiki has => Getting Started with Logos with many Tips and links, including excellent unofficial videos by Mark Barnes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 124
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 6:21 AM

Debra,

Good luck on your grad degree.  I am finishing my MA from Liberty in December.  I can't tell you how much easier Logos made things.  One thing that helped is I printed a total collection of all my books that I have accumulated over the last 15 years.  It came out to almost 2000 resources.  One idea that would really help is getting collections.  The Theological Journal Library is practically a must.  I also purchased the Church History Magazine and Biblical Archaelogical Review collections.  The cost of all three of those is about the same as one class so that helps put it into perspective.  Blessings as you study God's Word and serve Him.

Don

Posts 14
Debra Milner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 10:33 AM

Thanks Don.

I finished my Bachelor's at Liberty last May (after 40 loooonnngggg years from my first college class), and have just started my MDiv there.  In just the last day that I've had it, I can aleady see that logos is going to be well worth the cost.  Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look those up and put them on my "wish list' for when the money comes available.

Blessings,

Deb

Posts 124
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 6:57 AM

Deb,

Great for you on your MDiv.  That is a long road and not one that I have the time or energy to travel.  I am hoping to teach in a Bible College environment which is why I just went for my MA.  My undergrad was from a Bible College and to be honest, after that seminary was just review, same classes on a more academic level.  I enjoy teaching in my local church which is one reason that I enjoy Logos.  The material I have and read keeps me growing which enables me to teach out of the overflow.  A young girl who grew up in our church just started a grad program through Liberty seminary.  I have been able to give her some of my books.  One electronic book that you will need to have, either in print or electronic, is Millard Erickson's Christian Theology.  I used that text for two classes and since I used it at Bible college, I already had and read it. 

If it took 40 years for your Bachelor's, I hate to see how long it will take for your MDiv. Big Smile

Blessings,

Don

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS