Perseus overload!!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 77
Dale Garman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 18 2011 10:42 AM

I'm sure this is valuable stuff but what an overload if you don't know all the ancient languages represented in collection.

This collection highlights one of the largest flaws in Logos 4.  With thousands of items in Latin etc. a lack of the ability to hide or remove groups of items makes this collection almost impossible to deal with.  It swamps every other resource in the resouce tabs with no way to manage it.  I can't imagine dragging and dropping hundres of resources into a very small window for hiding on both my laptop and then again on my desktop.  Please help with a mass hiding function.

If I knew then what I know now I would never has gotten the resource.  It's too much of a good thing. 

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 10:53 AM

Dale Garman:
Please help with a mass hiding function.

Yes

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 11:03 AM

Dale - If you don't want the resource, you can call Logos customer service and ask them to remove the license from your account.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 11:04 AM

Dale Garman:

I believe if you hide them on one computer, it syncs and hides them on the other.  I wanted the Greek resources but not the Latin.  It took about an hour to hide them.  I do agree a mass hiding function would be nice.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 11:54 AM

Jerry M:

Dale Garman:

I believe if you hide them on one computer, it syncs and hides them on the other.  I wanted the Greek resources but not the Latin.  It took about an hour to hide them.  I do agree a mass hiding function would be nice.

You are right Jerry. You only have to sync the rest of your devices after hiding the resources in one.

As Logos keeps producing resources a mass hiding feature will become more desirable to more users.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 17
Mark Yocom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 3:00 PM

I just went through and hid the greek and latin translations and it does help some... But yes, a mass-hide feature is definitely a great need or to create its own category in the library so it can stay separate from the rest.

Posts 77
Dale Garman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 7:32 PM

However, it does not do anything for mobile devices, so they all still appear on the device with the least screen real estate to do something with it.

Posts 19
Ian Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:03 PM
I wrote a guide on how to do this: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/65547/458121.aspx#458121
Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:33 PM

I am wondering how to create a collection of the entire library except a collection already created, (latin collection) or minus subject:latin

I would then search the new collection every time.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2013 1:41 PM

Ian Kissell:

Thanks it worked.

No need for my work around.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS