Closing Today - Classic Commentaries and Studies on Genesis

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 21 2011 4:30 AM

Just a reminder that Classic Commentaries and Studies on Genesis closes today (Fri, 21 Oct 2011) in Community Pricing at noon PST.

It's currently priced at $40.00.  Is it too late to get it down to get the price down a little bit???

Posts 50
Martin Horn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:03 AM

Go Genesis!

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 10:10 AM

Martin Horn:

Go Genesis!

Yes

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
iPad 9th Gen iOS 15.6, 256GB

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 11:09 AM

One last bump...

< 1 hour to go.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:27 PM

$40 is a whole lot cheaper than $150 which is where it ended up!          I'm staying in!       *smile*

2 Samuel 22:2

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 4:27 PM

Thank goodness and just in time too!

I'm on Genesis 41:43 and the word 'Abrek!'

The Targums are adament with 'father / tender'. Origen, bless his heart weighed in also and Jerome wasn't far behind.

It'll be interesting to review the discussions. (JPS didn't want to commit matching Cambridge, Continental went with a semitic loan word, and WBC slid through as fast as possible, with the LXX skipping it entirely.)

But by the time you get to Gen 49:22 Targum PJ has moved on, no question to be had.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:03 PM

Denise Barnhart:

Thank goodness and just in time too!

I'm on Genesis 41:43 and the word 'Abrek!'

The Targums are adament with 'father / tender'. Origen, bless his heart weighed in also and Jerome wasn't far behind.

It'll be interesting to review the discussions. (JPS didn't want to commit matching Cambridge, Continental went with a semitic loan word, and WBC slid through as fast as possible, with the LXX skipping it entirely.)

But by the time you get to Gen 49:22 Targum PJ has moved on, no question to be had.

Speiser (AYBC) notes "Abrek. For a probable Egyptian etymology, see JAOS 73 (1953), 146; contrast, however, Vergote, pp. 135 ff. The alleged "kneel down!" of Heb. origin is morphologically untenable and contrary to the Egyptian background of the episode."

EDIT:  I neglected what I had intended to say in the first place — unfortunately we didn't get it down to $30.  If we had had another week we might have succeeded.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 11:32 AM

Since this went over the top and went to Pre-pub, it's amazing how quickly it is scheduled to be released!  Some have been in the pipeline for ages and still aren't ready.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS