Lion Full Screen capability in Logos 4 Mac

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10
Mike Boorman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2011 2:17 PM

Yep, every update for now.  On the bright side, after a half dozen or more updates you'll be flying across the keys and have the switch done in no time. Wink

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2011 3:44 PM

Mike Boorman:

Yep, every update for now.  On the bright side, after a half dozen or more updates you'll be flying across the keys and have the switch done in no time. Wink

Bit more ambitious option is scripting update (so can install Logos 4 Mac update, then run script).

Wonder if defaults command could be used to add appropriate 128 value in XML file ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1079
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2011 11:34 PM

Thanks Mike ... a really useful modification ... really glad that I came out of Beta before the last round.

I am am pleased with the extra real estate but it is marginal ... what I love though is that biblical people now loads as a full screen in a new space next to my main window ... a simple swipe between my reading and my background info ... a full screen biblical people (places/things) with all of its graphical content ... is a joy.

Big Smile

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 22 2011 4:00 AM

Smile Thanks Mike ... ,

I got mine done too. I found the MainWindow.nib under

"/Logos Bible Software 4.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj" folder

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 12:14 PM

I've put my vote on that feature request site, but I think this needs a little more steam.  I'm sure there's a formula for this concept, but for every person that yelps, there's probably 20 that just don't for one reason or another.  

Wilson Hines

Posts 995
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2012 12:26 PM

Just added my three votes.

Posts 14
Cliff Diamond | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 6:21 AM

Anyone who has Applescript experience able to write a script to do this?

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 6:48 AM

Cliff Diamond:

Check the bottom of this article (http://www.tuaw.com/2011/07/25/hackinations-making-any-os-x-app-full-screenable-in-lion/). It says,

UPDATE: If you don't mind installing SIMBL, a system level bundle loader, you can check out chpwn's well-received maximizer app as well. SIMBL allows you to enhance existing applications with new functionality and features.

It's not an apply script, but I am pretty sure that this will keep you from  having to run through the re-setup every time you update Logos.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 7:06 AM

Jonathan:

Cliff Diamond:

Check the bottom of this article (http://www.tuaw.com/2011/07/25/hackinations-making-any-os-x-app-full-screenable-in-lion/). It says,

UPDATE: If you don't mind installing SIMBL, a system level bundle loader, you can check out chpwn's well-received maximizer app as well. SIMBL allows you to enhance existing applications with new functionality and features.

It's not an apply script, but I am pretty sure that this will keep you from  having to run through the re-setup every time you update Logos.

Actually this does work across updates (at least from 4.5a Beta 3 to Beta 4).

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 4700
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 10:34 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Dewayne Davis:
So does this have to be done after every update?

Yes, until Logos incorporates OS X Lion full screen in application bundle.

Keep Smiling Smile

Yes - its a shame Tom (or someone) won't do it once and for all - for all of us.

Posts 45
Joshua Yates | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2012 9:05 AM

I gotta say...the majority of apps that are being used on the Mac now allow for full-screen capability in Lion.  It's ridiculous that Logos has not enabled this yet.  I have spent some good money on this program and something as trivial as full-screen still isn't enabled?  Extremely frustrating.  I use full-screen for just about everything I use, but not Logos.  

15" Macbook Pro Unibody (Early 2016) 2.7 GHZ Quad Core, OSX Mojave, 16 GB LPDDR3 RAM, 512 GB SD

Posts 28020
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2012 9:20 AM

Joshua Yates:
It's ridiculous that Logos has not enabled this yet.

I agree that I want full screen and other Lion features. It seems to me that one of the reasons given for lack of implementation is that Logos still supports users of OLDER versions of OSX. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2012 9:27 AM

I'm about 99% sure that enabling the new Lion features doesn't have to break backwards compatibility.

I'm not too worried, I'm happy enough with the workarounds, but it would definitely be nice. I'm actually more excited about gestures than fullscreen.

Posts 491
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2012 10:53 AM

It's likely that Logos will continue to fall behind in regards to OS X development and its new features.

The new version of Lion will be out this summer with functionality focused on Cloud and IOS features.

I am not sure how many of the API's that are available for the cloud are really available to developers at this point, further pushing things behind the curve.

The multi-device sync and messaging  functionality in OS/X as it evolves could perhaps give Logos Developers a path to solving some of the current issues with multi-device support.

As it is Logos cannot keep pace to utilize the hardware or software features that continue to evolve this eco-system.

Keeping pace is of course not an end in and of itself, as the bottom line  is we all buy and use Logos for it's application functionality. In that regard it is just awesome!!

Just my opinion

Posts 2737
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 7:20 AM

You're right, Larry. Logos can't handle the pace that OSX advances. We must all just assume that Logos will be way behind all over software development. If you can't abide that, you are best to get off the train now because there is nothing that points to them suddenly being able to do this.

BTW if you are frustrated with the progress of Logos 4 Mac try using the iOS app and then fire up an Android Device and use the Android app. The iOS app is so far ahead of Android that I don't think they can see the Android devs in the rear view mirror any more.

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 8:26 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

You're right, Larry. Logos can't handle the pace that OSX advances. We must all just assume that Logos will be way behind all over software development. If you can't abide that, you are best to get off the train now because there is nothing that points to them suddenly being able to do this.

I don't know about that. The company I work at is going through a somewhat similar software development process - we had an old system that was pretty clunky but people were used to, now we've replaced it with a new one that's much better under the hood and has some really nice new functionality, but there's still stuff that people miss from the old one. We're just now getting to the point where the new system has feature parity with the old, and it's amazing how much that's accelerated our ability to add functionality that is actually new and exciting.

My prediction (or maybe just my hope, we'll see): L4 will take about another year to be feature complete (sermon files, robust syncing including PBs, etc.), then the next six months will be spent smashing out all the remaining bugs and optimizing performance. After that, we'll probably hit L5, which will build on that solid base to add cool new functionality and, yes, keep up with new APIs made available by Apple. Because they have a large number of users who I suspect upgrade their hardware rather infrequently, Logos will never be right on the cutting edge, but I absolutely see them keeping pace with the industry.

Posts 2737
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 9:03 AM

mitchellisdumb:
After that, we'll probably hit L5, which will build on that solid base to add cool new functionality and, yes, keep up with new APIs made available by Apple

If they follow past patterns, L5 will likely be a totally new rewrite introduce a who new set of problems.

I don't see how anyone can observe the L4 track record and think that Logos will suddenly be able to accelerate and keep up. They've never been able to do that on Mac yet.

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 9:17 AM

My point is that the L4 track record has been a development team creating a platform from scratch. When you're doing that, you just flat out don't have the resources to do much more than the basics. Once that platform is finished, however, those development resources that have been focused on creating the engine and underlying elements will be freed up to work on optimization and modernization.

If you're right about L5 being a complete rewrite then yes, we'll be back to square one, but unless Bob Pritchett has completely lost his mind I don't think that's going to happen.

Posts 28020
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 9:27 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
L5 will likely be a totally new rewrite

It is my understanding from a recent post from Bob, that L5 will NOT be from scratch like L4 was.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2012 9:40 AM

alabama24:
It is my understanding from a recent post from Bob, that L5 will NOT be from scratch like L4 was.

Which is understandable, but also in some ways unfortunate. I understand the reason for building Logos 4 Mac on Mono, but it will forever be a stepchild product. And I know one response from Logos has been that many of the quirks of the Mac version are on the UI end, not the part under Mono, but whatever the reason, Logos 4 Mac has always fallen short of the PC version, despite claims of parity. 

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS