PB results in Passage Guide only taking me to book's title page

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:23 AM

Good morning, Logos world!

I have a few PB's that are in my 'sermon outlines' collection and others that are calendar devotionals. When I search these collections for a Scripture passage, my PB's show up, but they appear greyed out. When I click on them, it takes me to the start of the book, rather than the location of my passage.

I have tried inserting headings and then searching for a passage I knew was covered in the heading section - no change.

The devotionals only have the "day of year" milestone and the sermon outlines don't have any milestones.

Anything I need to tweak that will get a collection search to take me to my specific passage?

Thank you!

Brian

Posts 27460
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:12 PM

Brian,

1. Are those PB's in your Library and can they be read?

2. Exactly how are you searching

3. Provide a screenshot of a PB with what you are looking for.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:56 PM

Hey Dave,

1. Yes, they are in my library and can be read (they're on the right side of screenshot)

2. For this screenshot, I searched for Genesis 2, which I double-checked that Gen 2 is comes directly from the devotional.

3. See attached screenshot. The "For The Love Of God" volumes are greyed out. If I click on them, they will open to the first page of the book.

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:00 PM

I'll go through the same procedure, with same results, for the Sermon Outlines situation I mentioned in the first post as well.

Posts 27460
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 12:27 AM

Brian

PG needs an article header which means that one of your headings has to be defined using a Word Heading style  e.g.  make PREFACE a Heading 3 (it will also go into the TOC).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:34 AM

Dave,

I went into my original DOC and pasted the book into notepad to make sure I cleared all the formatting. I pasted back into my DOC and added some headings. In Word, they came up fine.

I recompiled the book in Logos (successfully) and then checked the Logos TOC, and there was nothing. I recognize that the PG probably needs these headings, but am I missing something in getting them to appear in Logos?

Thanks for your help!

Brian

Posts 12251
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 12:30 PM

Brian,

I think the easiest way for Dave or anybody else in this forum to help you is if you post a portion of your *.docx for us to check it out - this is much easier and faster than any other way I've seen here.

Mick

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 5:59 AM

7245.For The Love Of God, Volume 1 - example.docx

Here's an example from the original file.

Posts 27460
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 2:29 PM

Brian Maag:
Here's an example from the original file.

There is mixed formatting in the example. Most of it has the "No spacing" style, whilst the last paragraph also has "Normal (last line). You need to select such sections and "Clear formatting", then apply the style you want.

For PG all that was need was to format the line

[[@dayofyear.01.05]]JANUARY 5

as a Heading 5, with other text being Normal.

This ties the JANUARY 5 heading to the following references as well as being the milestone heading for Jan 5.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 5:19 PM

Excellent! It worked.

The problem appeared to be that I didn't put the stuff between brackets as a header (the '."[[@dayofyear..."]])

I'll try to reformat the other files I was having problems with (sermon collections) and see if that does the trick.

Thanks for your help, Dave!

Blessings,

Brian

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 3:08 PM

Peace, Brian!                   *smile*

Just came across your post.  Sorry I'm late in responding.

I'm glad it worked!             Indeed!

However, I'm wondering why you created a PB of a Logos Resource?  It seems to me that Logos might be displeased at using the PB to compete with them???

Please forgive me if I am "out of line"!                I really don't intend to be critical.

1 Peter 4:14

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS