Upgrade or not - gains and losses from LibDLS 3.0f

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Mark E Schaaf | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:27 AM

Folks: I'm a bit out of my league here.  I more of a hack than a power user - just a bible study amateur trying to use the tools to help when I lead adult Sunday School, etc.  So, please forgive the dumb questions.

I've been using eBible Platinum, which runs Libronix engine.  Front end has been home page from Lucado Lifeworks library (or similar). I guess that makes it Logos...or close.  So, if I am using Libronix DLS 3.0 F to run everything - what will happen when I install Logos4?  

Any ideas?  I already ordered it, but am now getting worried about losing everything (workspaces, notes files, verse lists, books/resources) that I've built up over the last few years.  Suggestions?

Thanks

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:35 AM

MarkESchaaf:

So, if I am using Libronix DLS 3.0 F to run everything - what will happen when I install Logos4?  

You will be able to use L3 and L4 at the same time. While it creates an inconvenience, you don't technically loss any function, its just not all in one tight bundle. You will have to leave your Lucado homepage behind though.

MarkESchaaf:
Any ideas?  I already ordered it, but am now getting worried about losing everything (workspaces, notes files, verse lists, books/resources) that I've built up over the last few years.  Suggestions?

An import utility for notes and highlighting will be coming in the near future. the other functions are on their way. You might want to check this out if you haven't already.

http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:38 AM

Not to worry Mark,

First, L4 will run all of your resources from L3.  When you install it will search the resource directory and then download any resources that are updated, moving all of them to it's own directory.

Ebible does run the same logos as every other L3 user, the only difference that I'm aware of is the home page.  Now, Everyone will have the same home page - the Lucado home page is deprecated along with all 3rd party home pages.

I suggest you watch some video's while you wait for the product to download/ship.

Some of your customizations like workspaces will not carry over at all - they've been superceded by layouts, again look in this forum and in the video's for layouts.

Some items (like note import) are not yet in L4 but will be, please reference "missing from L4" in my sig.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 17
Mark E Schaaf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:00 AM

Gentlemen:

Thank you for the encouragement and suggestions.  I have been reading the forums since my post and learned a ton - thanks to all who ask, and to those who share their knowledge to help.

I will watch the vids and keep reading....so that I am better prepared.  Thanks again.  Also - I am sure I will have questions - so I will post them in this forum as I'm sure I'll get great answers in a hurry.  How awesome is that?  

Blessings,

Mark

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:15 AM

MarkESchaaf:
Thanks again. Also - I am sure I will have questions - so I will post them in this forum as I'm sure I'll get great answers in a hurry. How awesome is that?

All of that awesomess is Philip, he apparently never sleeps.    I however am going offline until Monday.

See ya.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:47 AM

Thomas Black:
he apparently never sleeps.

I need to start toning it down myself. My wife is away this weekend on a retreat.

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:58 PM

Thomas Black:
All of that awesomess is Philip, he apparently never sleeps.

He's powered by awesome:

Posts 13
Glen Kaiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:00 PM

I just went from Libronix Gold to Logos4 Platininum. The new program opens in a new format and I still can use my old one separately.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:05 PM

Damian, the only thing that shirt needs is an L4 icon.

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:12 PM

Thomas Black:

Damian, the only thing that shirt needs is an L4 icon.

I was sort of glad that this thread was resurrected. I'd forgotten about the T-shirt...

We'll have to contact the designer and see if he can make a Logos 4 version. (in white and blue)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:39 PM

Where's Phil's photoshop skills?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS