Logos 4 Newly Beloved Features

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 654
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:30 PM

MichaelHite:

I agree - and a feature I love about clippings is the ability to TAG them with keywords! I have already begun to collect clippings and by tagging them I can find clippings by group or subject. Nice touch!

I like the clippings ability, too. But, is it possible to bring an outside source (from another Bible study program) via the clipboard...in all of my attempts so far, that has not been the case. I really hope it can be done, otherwise I'll have to suffer without fully utilizing my resources.

Posts 319
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:34 PM

JackCaviness:

Among other things, I really like the custom reading plans that work for any book in my library (I guess it works for all)

Jack

WOW - Thanks Jack I had not thought about reading plans for other books. It was a feature I always wanted in L3 but hadn't looked for it in L4 - It seems to work with any book. This is going to make many of my books more useful.

2015 13" MacBook Pro - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 16 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 2018 iMac Pro - 3.2GHz 8-core Xeon - both systems running OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Posts 319
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:32 PM

I also really like the new Morphological Search functionality. Once I learned the @ symbol trick - the tool is very easy to use. Also doing searches for Greek words by typing the English transliteration (the g: trick) is much easier than L3! Love it!

2015 13" MacBook Pro - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 16 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 2018 iMac Pro - 3.2GHz 8-core Xeon - both systems running OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:52 PM

Michael Hite:

JackCaviness:

Among other things, I really like the custom reading plans that work for any book in my library (I guess it works for all)

Jack

WOW - Thanks Jack I had not thought about reading plans for other books. It was a feature I always wanted in L3 but hadn't looked for it in L4 - It seems to work with any book. This is going to make many of my books more useful.

Works with page numbers! I'm hoping they can implement chapter - Bob is aware and wants input on this.

Chris

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 10:46 PM

I like the scrollbar bookmarks, information and power lookup windows, and I love the look and feel of the panes/windows interface - very easy to customize.  One of my favorite features is having a picture of the book at the top of the pane and also having the information button to click on for a summary of the book  - and you can even hover over each title to bring book info up quickly.

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 60
Richard Crampton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 4:23 PM

Mitch Davis:

Daniel DeVilder:
wonder if you could hook up "Dragon Naturally Speaking" to Logos?

You know, it has been over 10 years since using IBM's voice recognition software. I've always wondered how far the voice commands/dictation have come and now with your comment, how much Logos has incorporated the use of voice commands/dictation. Good suggestion, Daniel.

Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Windows Vista and Windows 7 have speech recognition built into the OS.

Posts 1843
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 4:43 PM

Big deal.  OS/2 4.0 had speech recognition built into the OS back in the 1990's

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 7:06 PM

Kenneth McGuire:
Big deal.  OS/2 4.0 had speech recognition built into the OS back in the 1990's

oh yeah???  Well, i had speech recognition when I was, like, 2.0 way back in '66!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 1:51 PM

I like the tabs inside the context menu. At first I did not notice and understand that I could click on an item on the RIGHT (eg, Strong's number, passage reference, etc) and see a different set of corresponding options on the LEFT. As long as I did not know that, the context menu looked bare to me and lacking in some of the options I used to appreciate in Logos 3. With the use of the tabs, it is much better and in fact, quite useful.

In  the example below, this is what you get when right-clicking on the word "world" in Jn 3:16 (NASB95). It is "Reference" that is selected in the right frame (red rectangle), note the options on the left (blue and green rectangles).

If you click in the right on the Strong's number, you get what's below (different options):

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 5:39 PM

In addition to the following, these tabs work in an amazing number of different places. For instance, a right-click on an item in the interlinear section of a Bible provides options pertinent to the interlinear data.

For instance, one can right-click on a Hebrew lemma and "Bible Word Study" will be one of the options. Do it from that spot and you save yourself the need to type the Hebrew or cut&paste into the search menu.

Another option is to click in the right frame on the Morph part. On the left will appear the option to do a morphological search for either the same word in the same form or just the form. Again, pretty cool and saving one from having to know how to write the syntax of the morph search. Even if one wants to do a more complex search with more than one term, using the context menu "Morph" part in the interlinear can serve as a reminder of how to search for this particular form.

That is cool.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS