Suggestion - Add Dietrich Bonhoeffer works to library

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
Sean Crow | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 5 2011 9:44 AM

I would like to see at least The Cost of Discipleship as well as some other works. 

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 10:01 AM

Sean Crow:

I would like to see at least The Cost of Discipleship as well as some other works. 

Me too! Especially the new translations done. The new version has the title Disciplship for The Cost of Discipleship. These editions have notes giving the historical context of what was going on in Germany when he wrote the book.

Here is the edition I'm referring too

http://www.amazon.com/Discipleship-Dietrich-Bonhoeffer-Works-Vol/dp/0800683242/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1320512493&sr=1-6

There are other works in this series.

Posts 153
Rob Kuefner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 6:19 PM

Augsburg Fortress is in the process of releasing the Works of Bonehoeffer and I know there has been discussion about getting it into Logos before. If memory serves I think the plan is to wait until the entire series is completed to get it Logos format. I'll do a search as soon as I finish this post and confirm my memory...

Posts 153
Rob Kuefner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 6:21 PM

Here's the earlier forum post with the post I was referencing...

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/371/3535.aspx#3535

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 7:16 PM

Robert C. Kuefner Jr.:

Here's the earlier forum post with the post I was referencing...

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/371/3535.aspx#3535

It might be time to give Fortress Press another reminder that we would like the series in Logos format.  I believe that they are down to their last two books.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 8:16 AM

Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works (15 vols.).

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 13
Sean Crow | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 8:50 AM

All of the volumes  of Bonhoeffer works, and not one inclusion of the popular book “The Cost of Discipleship”??   How come?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:00 AM

Sean Crow:

All of the volumes  of Bonhoeffer works, and not one inclusion of the popular book “The Cost of Discipleship”??   How come?

Peace, Sean!                                   and ...                 Always Joy in the Lord!                *smile*

My surmise is that the new "Discipleship" is in reality the old "The Cost of Discipleship,"  same book, just renamed.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1764
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:00 AM

Sean Crow:

It is there as vol. 4.   For this edition, they went with a literal translation of the original German title.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:01 AM

Sean Crow:

It's there, but it's just called "Discipleship" now:

http://www.logos.com/product/17915/dietrich-bonhoeffer-works#004

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:04 AM

My goodness!  Are we ever alert today!       And so quick on the trigger! 

All those posts almost simultaneously!                      *smile*

Matthew 16:24

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1764
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:11 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

My goodness!  Are we ever alert today!       And so quick on the trigger! 

All those posts almost simultaneously!                      *smile*

Matthew 16:24

Almost reminds me of this forum right when Logos 4 came out...  It seemed like beta testers were competing on who could answer people's questions the fastest.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS