Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 41
Manuel Brambila | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 12:03 PM | Locked

Hi all;

I finally succeeded on installing and running Logos 4 on Snow Leopard.

[If you installed and the App crashes on "logging in", you have to go to your library (home folder) and delete the file com.logos.LogosIndexer.plist ... why? No idea, but then it will open without a problem, recreating the same file]

But now that the application actually opens, I cannot do anything without it crashing.

This is what I see when I search for Luke 2:1 ... adding a Bible or Commentary will make it crash.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Posts 733
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 12:15 PM | Locked

Mine looks slightly different, though it does open the NET Bible by default.  I opened another Bible also (ESV), but it jumped automatically to 2 Samuel for some reason.  Are you running 4.0.3.2697?

Posts 41
Manuel Brambila | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 12:17 PM | Locked

Hi;

Yes, running 4.0.3.2697 too...

So how did you add your bible and the commentary?

So frustrating :(

Posts 733
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 12:25 PM | Locked

The commentary opened by itself (I didn't tell it which one).  The NET Bible also opened on its own (even though I have the ESV as the priority Bible selected).

To open a new Bible, I went to Library, found a Bible, and clicked on it.  It opened in a new tab, just in the wrong part of the Bible.

Posts 41
Manuel Brambila | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 12:28 PM | Locked

Well...

Better wait until a new update comes out.

Useless to fight against this Alpha 2 version :(

Posts 102
shane blyth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:26 PM | Locked

Manuel B.:

So how did you add your bible and the commentary?

in the resources list just double click on what resource u want and it will open in your main screen. Might be in a tab or if u like drag it around the screen . There is a video or 2 on this sort of thing todo with tabs etc in the video section of the learning page for logos 4 on logos.com  helps to watch a few of the vidoes to learn how it works. I leave my "open to home page" box (bottom left of home screen) unticked and each time it opens it goes to the screen you just made up. No saving it just remembers it. Pity none of the bibles link and scroll together yet

Posts 41
Manuel Brambila | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:27 PM | Locked

Hello;

Yes I watched the videos and they are fantastic.

However, the Mac application can barely be openned :( Adding a book or two will make it crash.

Posts 57
Pavel Kostecka | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:49 PM | Locked

Where exactly should be that plist file? I cannot find it anywhere! I have the same problem with freeze at Logging in stage.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS