Bible Study Magazine! Great!

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 5 2011 4:31 PM

Peace and Joy to my Logos Forums Brothers and Sisters!                         *smile*

I'm writing a brief note to encourage you to consider subscribing to Bible Study Magazine if you have not done so.  Here you may get a taste -- or at least a preview -- of what it's all about.                        http://www.biblestudymagazine.com/

Just got my Nov-Dec issue yesterday and am again delighted!  Issue after issue has been great, of great interest and enjoyment by myself!              *smile*        Quite deep, yet very simple and straightforward in its presentations.

However, I do wonder as I see from the mailing label that it has to go through Sweden from the United States to Canada???  Probably some sort of postal break for Logos I would think?

Philippians 4:8

Edit:  Here's a lovely excerpt from the WebSite...........            The Humour of Jesus!         http://www.biblestudymagazine.com/preview/JesusNeverLaughed.pdf

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 6 2011 9:14 AM

Yes, I enjoy my Bible Study Magazine subscription also.

What would make it better? 
It would be great if we could have Vyrso access for our subscription too. Lots of companies now allow online access to customers who also receive a print subscription. Big Smile It would be great to see Bible Study Magazine available on Vyrso! 

Logos might also sell more subscriptionsYes

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 6 2011 10:11 AM

Peace!            *smile*

Yes!                Indeed!                 It would satisfy a lot of my needs about easily making notes for myself for organised later reference.  My memory seems insufficient at times!    *smile*

Isaiah 55:12

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2242
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 6 2011 10:28 AM

I also enjoy using the Bible Study magazine.

Having access on the IPad would be a bonus. Smile

I enjoy using the 8 week Bible Study feature as a guide with my Wednesday night Bible study group.

Posts 1511
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 6 2011 9:03 PM

I would buy it if magazine would be in digital format

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 156
Andrew Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2011 1:18 AM

Postage costs to the UK are too high, so yes, I would subscribe if it was available in digital format. 

Posts 12580
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2011 1:19 AM

Slava Novik:

Yes

Same here, would buy it if it was digital (or overseas postal fee to Europe was waived). 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 6779
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2011 2:56 AM

Slava Novik:

So would I.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 264
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2011 4:43 AM

I'm a charter member to the magazine. I can honestly say that I have read, and enjoyed every article from every issue. I would also prefer an electronic version over paper, especially for future referencing. I know some (all?) back issues are available electronically, but I refuse to pay twice for the same resource Tongue Tied

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2011 4:48 AM

Would love to subscribe to the magazine, but with the shipping costs as not living in the states it makes it ridiculously expensive, would love a digital version that was integrated into Logos.........

That would be brilliant

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 7 2011 4:54 AM

Paul Gisbourne:

Would love to subscribe to the magazine, but with the shipping costs as not living in the states it makes it ridiculously expensive, would love a digital version that was integrated into Logos.........

That would be brilliant

+ 1 Yes

Posts 27
John D. Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:37 AM

I'm glad to hear that you all are enjoying Bible Study Magazine.

We are currently offering Bible Study Magazine only in print to encourage people to subscribe to the print version. However, we have plans to make the archive available digitally down the road.

--John, editor-in-chief

Posts 1883
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2011 11:22 AM

John Barry:

I'm glad to hear that you all are enjoying Bible Study Magazine.

We are currently offering Bible Study Magazine only in print to encourage people to subscribe to the print version. However, we have plans to make the archive available digitally down the road.

--John, editor-in-chief

That would be great. But you should notice there are people who won't buy the hard copy, due to cost of shipping. So you would sell more subscriptions if a digital option was offered. A good example of Christian magazine on the iPad for example is Relevant Magazine.

Posts 388
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2011 11:38 AM

I am NOT renewing my subscription for Wilted FlowerBible Study Magazine because it is a paper mailed out copy.

This should be published on a "digital format" and I would once again subscribe. Idea

Not sure why they do it in a paper format, but, this is not my cup of tea!

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2011 12:13 PM

Surely by making the magazine available in both hard copy and electronic media, you ensure the widest possible target market.  At present, it seems like Bible Magazine has cut off an ever-growing segment of the Christian literature consumer market.

Also, given the production costs for an electronic edition would be considerably less than printing a paper edition, the electronic edition would yield a greater profit (assuming it was similarly priced to the printed copy.)

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2011 12:25 PM

Peace to all!             *smile*

Just for the record ............              If Bible Study Magazine were available to me digitally, I would buy it!

And!          I would still subscribe to the printed copy even though I live in Canada and it's a tad more expensive, eh? 

It's so pleasant to sit at the kitchen table with a cup of Joe and the Bible Study Magazine  right there with my pencil and note pad!                       *smile*         I notice that Bible Study Magazine prints the Apostles' Creed which centres into the heart of the Christian Faith!  Well done!

I'm sure many of us are pleased!

Jesus Christ!  And Him Crucified!               And Him Resurrected!                      For us!           2 Corinthians 9:15

Logos would make a profit from me ...    and then another profit!  Please think about it again!

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2011 12:54 PM

I too enjoy my paper copy of BSM, and prefer the paper version of a magazine over the electronic version.  I would however be interested in a digital version for archive purposes.

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 2:31 PM

John Barry:
we have plans to make the archive available digitally down the road.

This is great news, having BSM in Logos would be great, to be honest I'd be happy with a PDF at this point in time!!!

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 3:04 PM

Andrew Mitchell:

Postage costs to the UK are too high, so yes, I would subscribe if it was available in digital format. 

Hear! Hear!

I have subscribed in more affluent times but the postal charges are prohibitive.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 5:27 PM

I am a current subscriber. With the sale announcement, does anyone know the price for current subscribers? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS