Historical Writings
Poetry/Wisdom Literature
Major Prophets
Minor Prophets
Gospels
Gospels & Acts
Paul's Epistles
General Epistles

Please bring back these other predefined ranges. I know I can create custom ones for all of this (and I will) but users shouldn't have to create their own custom ranges for things that are universal and useful.

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:35 PM | Locked

P.S. What's the difference between "All Passages" and "Bible and Apocrypha" ?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:52 PM | Locked

RosiePerera:
Please bring back these other predefined ranges. I know I can create custom ones for all of this (and I will) but users shouldn't have to create their own custom ranges for things that are universal and useful.

Rosie, I just realized that you know how to do this...you were just asking for it to be done...oh well...i gotta read more closely

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 10:59 PM | Locked

Yes, L3 already had the ability to create custom ranges, so this is nothing new. But I'm pretty sure L3 came with the predefined ranges I mentioned, and that I didn't have to create them myself. So that is a loss from L3 to L4. I'm just asking that that be put back in.

Posts 1162
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:10 PM | Locked

It is something that L3 came with. I think they took it out because the way the index currently works it is much slower to search smaller ranges. It has to take all the results and then filter out what you don't want. L3 ran every search from scratch so it didn't matter. I think they are working on improving the speed of Bible searches so perhaps it will return.

Tom

Posts 27857
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 7:42 PM | Locked

TomReynolds:

It is something that L3 came with. I think they took it out because the way the index currently works it is much slower to search smaller ranges. It has to take all the results and then filter out what you don't want. L3 ran every search from scratch so it didn't matter. I think they are working on improving the speed of Bible searches so perhaps it will return.

Tom

There are already changes to Bible ranges as you will now find they are Bible-based eg. an NT bible will not have an OT range, a bible will not have an Apocrypha range unless it has (some of) those books!

All Passages is currently a quicker search because it specifies the whole book rather than an equivalent bible range which will be inherently slower. Note that Bible Search was improved during the beta testing, and there is more to come.

My biggest gripe is that custom ranges do not show the defined passages. You have to give it a really good name to remember the passages!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS