MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 13 2011 3:46 PM | Locked

Steps:

1. launched Logos 4

2. entered "Aaron's rod" in GO box of home page

3. Logos returned results

4. opened Biblical things and docked it

5. See results below;

6. tried to force refreshing of Biblical Things - no change

7. Change search and Biblical things to crowns - it worked.

8. Enter Aaron's rod again and get:

9. Unsuccessfully look for collaborating evidence that Aaron's rod was disguised as two button shaped, connected objects. Found evidence that said two button object was more expertly identified as shekels. Perhaps someone sold Aaron's rod for a couple of shekels? Or perhaps, I found a bit of a problem. [Yes, I will admit that the other two images do related to Aaron's rod.]

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 12569
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 13 2011 4:36 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:
Unsuccessfully look for collaborating evidence that Aaron's rod was disguised as two button shaped, connected objects. Found evidence that said two button object was more expertly identified as shekels.

MJ,

I think this picture was found because of the description in the ressource. You'll see yourself when you open the "Images from the Bible Hand-Book". It seems the archeologists that dug them up identified part of the shekel's imprint as "Aarons's Rod".

MJ. Smith:
perhaps, I found a bit of a problem

Here, I don't think so.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 13 2011 7:56 PM | Locked

It works fine in the standard 4.3 SR-6.  It looks like purely a beta problem.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 12569
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 12:00 AM | Locked

George Somsel:

It works fine in the standard 4.3 SR-6.  It looks like purely a beta problem.

Yes it works fine in 4.3 SR-6 (4.30.0.1613), as that's what I'm using too, not the beta (sorry, forgot to make this clear, but it was late over here). But: from the screenshots I saw it seems to me that the beta works exactly as the stable version, so there is no problem.This illustration should be found by searching for "Aaron's rod". It's just that the description which triggers the search hit for silver shekel is not obvious unless one looks into the mouse-over text or the resource:

Posts 27974
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 12:39 AM | Locked

NewbieMick:
But: from the screenshots I saw it seems to me that the beta works exactly as the stable version, so there is no problem.

Yes. I also find it works the same way in both versions and shows the Silver Shekel first.

But I get 3 thumbnails & one is more correctly Aaron's Rod.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 12569
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 12:49 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
I also find it works the same way in both versions and shows the Silver Shekel

Good!

Dave Hooton:
But I get 3 thumbnails & one is more correctly Aaron's Rod.

Yeah, but you find a resource "the bible and its story" I don't have (and couldn't even buy individually, since it's only sold as part of base packages).

Posts 27974
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 1:56 AM | Locked

NewbieMick:
Yeah, but you find a resource "the bible and its story" I don't have (and couldn't even buy individually, since it's only sold as part of base packages).

I had assumed it was available to everybody with the Bible Facts tool (or that everybody should get the same results).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS