Saving Layout

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Flackey | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 14 2011 4:37 PM

I have a layout plan  (includes Bible and commentary) saved that I use most often.  Is there an easy way to save where I am without having to go to the layouts dropdown and right click "update to current snapshot"?  It seems there may be a shortcut or simpler way.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Posts 30062
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 4:43 PM

Andy - If you use the same layout, day in and day out, you can set logos to open the last used layout. The only trick is that if you need to switch to a different layout, make sure that you do save it. In other words, as long as you are still using the same layout, you can close logos, and open it back up without saving anything.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:44 PM

Since you are using Bible(s) and Commentary(s) the method below is one way in which you can preserve your location in a specific layout.

1. You will need to have Favorites in your layout or at least open it for saving/positioning your layout. We will be using Bookmarks inside of the Favorite tool. To open Favorites just click on the Tools menu item and click on Favorites.

2. In your layout you will need to use Linking to connect all your Bible(s) & Commentary(s) together.

3. You will need to drag one of your Bible's tabs to a Bookmark before leaving your layout. This saves the position of that specific Bible. Later when you want to return to your location, simply click on the Bookmark where you saved it. It will position your Bible back to where it was when you last saved it. And since you have your other Bible(s) and Commentaries link, all of them will be positioned after clicking on the Bookmark.

This requires that you have your layout open. So its primary use is to return your layout to a specific position. Hopefully you would also save your Layout into a named layout in the event that you needed to load it for what ever reason. The Bookmark simple repositions one of your Linked books to where it was when you saved it. As mentioned in step 3 you will need to remember to save your current position as a Bookmark, you can overwrite the same bookmark each time and that way it leaves the other bookmarks for other uses.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS