CBV coding issue

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:20 PM | Locked

Why am I getting a New Line (paragraph) after the verse number and the text of a new paragraph. I want to use the Bible paragraphs. The issue seems to be with the removal of pericopes. Which I want removed.

CBV Code----------------

%UseBibleParagraphs
%NoParFormatting
%NoCharFormatting
%NoRedLetter
%NoFootnotes
%NoCitation

=Header
[FullPassageRef] <sub>[Version]</sub>

=ForEachVerse
<sup>[VerseNum]</sup> [VerseText]

----------------------------------------------------

Sample

Ephesians 4:1–12 NKJV

[Problem Area]

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7   [Problem Area]

But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore He says:

“When He ascended on high,

He led captivity captive,

And gave gifts to men.”

9 (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also first descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:05 PM | Locked

Trey

Try removing the %UseBIbleParagraphs

It adds the paragraphing from the Bible text (redundant) - but you may lose the paragraphing in verse 8

See what happens.

Chris

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 3:04 PM | Locked

Thanks, I tried that before posting.

It doesn't solve the problem. Extra line break is still there. It has something to do with the coding of the pericopes. This only occurs where there was a pericope.

Removing %UseBibleParagraphs removes all the other paragraph markup except the extra line break was is still there. Also, I want the paragraphs.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 9:19 PM | Locked

Trey,

I think you are probably right.

I figured my suggestion would not give you what you wanted, but thought it was worth a try. I've messed around with it and can't find a way around the problem.

Chris

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 9:52 PM | Locked

Trey Selman:

Thanks, I tried that before posting.

It doesn't solve the problem. Extra line break is still there. It has something to do with the coding of the pericopes. This only occurs where there was a pericope.

Removing %UseBibleParagraphs removes all the other paragraph markup except the extra line break was is still there. Also, I want the paragraphs.

Yeah, I think Logos encodes the pericope titles as part of the first verse in the pericope.  They remove the title in the CBV, but not the newline. 

It's also causes this annoyance when you add a note to the first verse in the pericope:

Umm...I'd like the note next to the verse, please. 

It would seem that a change in handling of the pericope titles/headers would solve both problems.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 5:22 AM | Locked

Thanks y'all for your help.

I will do a work around by just removing the extra lines.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS