Collections is missing on laptop

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
Arva Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 19 2011 8:53 PM

I am using Logos 4 on a windows 7 computer.  I have it installed on my PC and the collections I have created are there.  I have also installed it on my laptop which also runs windows 7 everything shows except the collections that are on my PC.  I have synced them both and the collections still does not show up on my laptop.Sad    Everything else syncs with no problem.  Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.  

SmileThanks,

Arva     

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2011 9:12 PM

Would like to look at diagnostic logs; especially after opening collections tool on laptop then closing Logos 4, followed by uploading logs (as an attachment).  Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25275
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2011 3:32 AM

Arva Davis:
 Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.  

Modify a collection in a predictable way  e.g. prefix the name with a-. If it syncs then repeat with other collections.

Then undo the a- naming.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2011 4:56 AM

Arva Davis:
Everything else syncs with no problem.  Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.  

Are you using the Beta software?

I had to start over on my desktop and when I reloaded...NO Collections appeared... I will be posting my problem and diagnostics in the Beta forum later.

Customer support said I would have to go to the Beta forum and post to get the attention of the developers.

Posts 13
Arva Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2011 10:45 AM

Thanks Dave, that worked.Big Smile  That was much easier than creating the collections all over again when you have a lot of collections.  Saved a lot of time.  You guys are a true blessing, thought I would have to wait until Monday when Logos was opened.  Thank you all, for your help.

God Bless,

ArvaSmile

Posts 13
Arva Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2011 10:47 AM

Praiser, just wanted to respond to your question.  I was not using any Beta.  Thanks for your help.

God Bless,

ArvaSmile

Posts 25275
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2011 2:49 PM

Arva Davis:
Thanks Dave, that worked

I'm hopeful that it will no longer be necessary when 4.5 (currently being tested) is released.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2011 2:09 PM

I'm unsure whether or not the implementation of sync v2 (the new sync framework being written for the program) will resolve the issue once it is applied to Collections.  I've reported the issue to Development for investigation.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS