Save Bible and Commentary preferences

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 41
Manuel Brambila | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:33 AM | Locked

Hello;

I have arranged 5 Bibles and a few documentaries to study a passage, but when I close Logos or go back to the Home Screen, those preferences are gone and leave me with the default Bibles and one Commentary. I have to start all over again the choice and arrangement all over again.

I guess there is a way to keep them saved but havent figured it out.

Please help.

Thanks!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:51 AM | Locked

Manuel,

Yes...there is.

Logos v4, by default does one of two things:

Opens to the homepage

Opens to the last layout you had showing when you closed Logos.

So it depends what you want to show when you launch, what you leave Logos with...right?

If you want to see the home page BUT ALSO have a layout that you can go back to...then do that. Layouts SAVE EVERYTHING you had open; bibles, commentaries, even searches....just like v3.

So in your case, when you have everything just like you like it....save it as a layout...then right before you close Logos...save it again...and shut down...

When you open up next time...it will be just how you left it!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:46 AM | Locked

Manuel B.:

have arranged 5 Bibles and a few documentaries to study a passage, but when I close Logos or go back to the Home Screen, those preferences are gone and leave me with the default Bibles and one Commentary. I have to start all over again the choice and arrangement all over again.

I guess there is a way to keep them saved but havent figured it out.

Please help.

Hi Manuel,

As Bob explained above, there is a way to save it. Also, in all probability, you can still "retrieve" your setup of the 5 Bibles and the few documentaries. Click Layouts (in upper right hand corner) on the down arrow beside it. You will see "snapshots" of the present layout, as well as previous layouts. You can probably find your desired layout in one of these previous snapshots. Once you find it, then click below it on "snapshot | time"  (the "time" will be when you had this layout) and then give it a new name. Then it is now saved!

Charlene

Charlene

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:53 AM | Locked

Charlene...

Good point!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS