Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 35
Monty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 9 2014 8:47 AM

its funny, I funny,  broke down and bought a Kindle .  Hope I didn't jump the gun:)

Posts 949
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 9 2014 8:52 AM

I hope the feature is coming? Android have improved their voice a lot lately...

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 36
George Simopoulos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 7:59 AM

Yes

Posts 283
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 14 2014 4:18 PM
Hi Steve I have dyslexia ,l use an android app which reads any text I select in logos l select a page of text then click on copy ,the text is read out to me , you don't need to switch apps , you stay with the logos app just select text ,copy and listen l use a app witch gives me a different keyboard on my small tablet which is designed for people who have dyslexia with lots of helpful tools easy type (keyboard for help with dyslexia ) @voice Aloud text (speech reader ) l hope the info is helpful to somebody mick
Mick
Posts 32
KJB1611 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2015 2:00 PM

I would also love this feature so I could listen to my Logos books in my car or when at work inspecting buildings.  The read aloud works well with my computer;  why not with my phone?

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2015 2:28 PM

Please Do Vote - This is my most wanted feature for any Faithlife application.

If you don't have forum admin privileges then vote here: https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/3671914-enable-read-aloud-or-text-to-speech-like-in-the-de

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2015 2:43 PM

JAL,

Thanks for the correction, I didn't realize I had posted the Admin link.

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 12:42 AM

"faith comes from what is heard...Wink

Nine more votes since Friday afternoon (2015/7/24) - please add yours: https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/3671914-enable-read-aloud-or-text-to-speech-like-in-the-de

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 10:35 PM

DominicM:
Seems like you might be able to alter the display module to TTS the contents of <RunText> at same time you render the display if "read aloud"  boolean is flagged, that should also keep the text and display in sync.

Understanding that the resource files are not simple text files, how different is the method for rendering display text from what is required to pass text through to the TTS process?

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2016 6:07 AM

I drive from city to city for work and it's one of the rare times I can just put something on to listen to. Being able to start my Android reading aloud a book from my Logos library would be invaluable.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS