long standing pre-pub orders

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 11532
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 4:01 AM

Joshua Garcia:

Lynden Williams:

Another factor to consider, some books require extensive tagging.

While this is true, I do not believe this is the issue. The Classic Commentaries on Genesis was 22 volumes and was tagged like any other Logos resource but was out of pre-pub in less than three weeks.

This is the first in the ongoing series of Classic Commentaries that Logos pumps through CP. Thus it obviously received a "strategic importance" marker internally and I'm sure Logos worked on this series before the CP crossed the line.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 5:50 AM

NewbieMick:
This is the first in the ongoing series of Classic Commentaries that Logos pumps through CP. Thus it obviously received a "strategic importance" marker internally and I'm sure Logos worked on this series before the CP crossed the line.

Good point. Logos has had considerable interest on several of these "Classic Commentaries" collections. I imagine we will see all of them published even though some may not be as popular sellers as others.

Can't you just imagine a complete set of Classic Commentaries covering the whole Bible? Geeked

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 11532
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 6:21 AM

Super Tramp:

NewbieMick:

Good point. Logos has had considerable interest on several of these "Classic Commentaries" collections. I imagine we will see all of them published even though some may not be as popular sellers as others.

Can't you just imagine a complete set of Classic Commentaries covering the whole Bible? Geeked

Yes I can. That's around $1000 at CP-prices (shudder).

By the way: congrats to your new milestone!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:48 AM

Indeed books already in production and past the gathering interest phase....

As example: I ordered the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible on februari 26 2011, still no known delivery date, while this kindle edition is availble and waiting for me to buy...

The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls in English (7th Edition) [Kindle Edition]

I know it is a different book and no LOGOS hyperlinks and such, but still.... One more month or so and I will cancell my LOGOS order and by this KINDLE product. I can give more examples.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 11:28 AM

I think its important to remember that Psalms, Job, Revelation, Romans, and the Genesis Classic Commentaries and Studies Collection were on the Pre-Pub list in 2010.  They've been in the pipe for some time. Its good to see Logos making more of them in CP!

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 11:48 AM

Ton ... I agree with you completely. As an example, I ordered a book on Amazon a month ago or so, and I knew the publisher wouldn't have it ready until end of January. But Amazon still sent me a courtesy email noting their delay etc. today. Communication works wonders with customers.

I really think at the heart of the issue is better communication and improved use of the english language. Most people think 'In development' means just that. They don't imagine communications passing back/forth with a publisher on whether to even have the book on Logos, etc.

I think the problem moves toward 'misleading' for potential customers who see 'in development' as 'pretty soon' not realizing it doesn't even mean the resource will be offered anytime at all.

Regarding the Dead Sea Scrolls, just as (unneeded?) advice, make sure the Kindle version is the Biblical portion, not the sectarian (that's real tricky). Of course, Logos already has the sectarian; just not the Biblical. I have the Biblical in hardback but I really want it in Logos so I can match it up with my other resources.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 2:12 PM

Denise Barnhart:
garding the Dead Sea Scrolls, just as (unneeded?) advice, make sure the Kindle version is the Biblical portion, not the sectarian (that's real tricky). Of course, Logos already has the sectarian; just not the Biblical. I have the Biblical in hardback but I really want it in Logos so I can match it up with my other resources.

Perhaps you missed it, but I have the biblical DSS documents.  http://www.logos.com/product/5961/qumran-biblical-dead-sea-scrolls-database

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 2:47 PM

You're right ... I forgot they had glosses.

But I think the OP is looking for a full english translation that inserts the DSS with notes (the Logos pre-pub).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 3:26 PM

Can Kindle open more than one book at a time? If not I dont see how it can be a good study help.

Just saying.

Posts 31414
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 6:38 PM

Evan Boardman:

Can Kindle open more than one book at a time? If not I dont see how it can be a good study help.

Just saying.

Ummm ... is anything beyond a Bible really required?

I answer to your quest, it depends on the Kindle and the app.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2874
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:20 PM

I also am buying some resources in the Kindle format that are not available in Logos, and I am finding them very useful.   Ladd's Commentary on Revelation is one of the latest I've bought for Kindle.  I had rather have it in Logos, but you take it where you can get it.

I can open the Logos app and open the Kindle app, and the two work well together.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1517
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:22 PM

Super Tramp:

Good point. Logos has had considerable interest on several of these "Classic Commentaries" collections.

I have considerable interest in the resources I have pre-ordered!

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS