Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Paul Boutan | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 10 2011 7:04 PM

First of all let me I really do love this app so far. For a beta it's great!  

One issue I'm having trouble with however is the find presentation part.

First of all I'm using Mac. 

Second, in the edit portion after I built a slide like a Scripture reference for example I made sure that the "signal" was on, and once in "on air mode" the proclaim icon does flash in the corner.

Now on my iPhone once I've launched the logos app initially there was a find presentation selection, upon select it I was asked if I wanted to allow it to find my location to which I said yes. However, that's all that happened. I was expecting some sort of window to launch asking me if I'd like to join this presentation or something, but nothing like that has happened. I have tried this both on a 3G network as well as being on the same WiFi network that the church Mac is on that is actually running the presentation.  I'm sure I must've missed something on the settings that will allow users to pick up this signal but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm actually trying it on two different Macs a MacBook Pro 2009 model and  a brand new Mac mini. I've tried to find the presentation signal with 2 different iPhones. An iPhone 4s and an iPhone 3GS. All have had the same results 

On a different note, the iPhone and iPad remote apps are BRILLIIANT!

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 8:42 PM

Does your on air presentation have its location set?

Posts 6
Paul Boutan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 9:12 PM

I thought I did that, but just to be sure can you walk me through how to set the location on the air presentation again?

Thank you

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 9:40 PM

Use the location control in the top of the main window menu to set your location to the location you will be going on air.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 9:42 PM

Posts 6
Paul Boutan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 11 2011 1:15 PM

Thank you that did it. For some reason the location settings I entered got erased after I logged off  my computer so I will just double check the location settings before we go on air

Posts 4
Scott Fischer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 7:31 AM

I am having a similar problem, however my location is set correctly. Is something else I am missing?

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:09 PM

Scott Fischer:

I am having a similar problem, however my location is set correctly. Is something else I am missing?

You will want to make sure that your phone has location services turned on, and that in the Logos app, More > Settings > Proclaim Presentations are set to On.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 3
Charles Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 9:24 AM

When I go to settings my proclaim settings are grayed out. Any ideas on how to change that?

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:49 AM

Charles, Hunter is referring to the settings on your Bible or Faithlife mobile app. Are you referring to the "Preferences" setting you see in the screenshot below? That menu item is an artifact of the Mac operating system. There is not a Preferences menu in Proclaim in that sense. 

Each presentation has options but they are found on the UI and menus in the actual Proclaim application window.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS