Trade in Logos Package and earn Logos.com credit!

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2938
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:32 PM

Super Tramp:
It is a good thing I am not in charge of targeted marketing at Logos. I 'd create a "blue list" of persons who should never be bothered with "exclusive" offers.

I can understand how you feel.  However, if I were in charge of targeted marketing, I would never let my personal feeling towards what someone said keep me from making a profit by selling them my product.

There is a reason that the customer is always right, even if he is wrong.  It is called profit.  After all the customer is the hand that feeds you.

Of course, in the church that sort of thing happens all the time.  People are unreasonable and complain about petty things.  You just have to love us regardless.  God said to.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2938
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 3:36 PM

Frank Sauer:
In the "trade-in" do you lose those "retired" resources on the new package deal?

I believe Logos has made it a policy that you never lose resources.  In over 18 years of using Logos, I have never lost a resource that I am aware of.  I have a number of products no longer available.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 4:00 PM

Michael Childs:
I can understand how you feel.  However, if I were in charge of targeted marketing, I would never let my personal feeling towards what someone said keep me from making a profit by selling them my product.

That is why you will be hired in the Marketing Department before they offer me a job. Smile

The only time I lost resources was due to selling my Scholar's Silver to another person and buying Scholar's Gold. My upgrades through Logos have never cost me any resources. I only wish I had bought a lot of the other CD titles directly from Logos. (Hermeneia, AYB Dictionary, etc.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2938
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 4:27 PM

This is a great offer to base package owners, and if I had the money I would seriously consider it.  However, there are so many other Logos resources that I need more than what is in Portfolio.

For example, I would rather have all the Martyn Lloyd-Jones available, the N. T. Wright Collection, Anchor Yale Bible, and much, much more that is not in the next package for me.  Furthermore, there is much in all the packages that would not be a high priority for me.

So there is a lot to consider.  It is truly a great deal - especially with the offer of Logos Credits on top of it. 

The Logos Credits is an amazing offer in itself, and I have bought resources to take advantage of it that I would not have bought otherwise.  Thanks for this sale, Logos!

In the words of that great theologian, Flip Wilson, "Get behind me devil - AND PUSH!"

Posts 30479
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 4:59 PM

Michael Childs:
In the words of that great theologian, Flip Wilson, "Get behind me devil - AND PUSH!"

Big Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:02 PM

The price gap between Platinum and Portfolio is too wide. This deal is not good enough for me to pull the trigger. Plus, Portfolio really doesn't have the resources I want (beyond what Platinum offers). Maybe if it included the NIV Application Commentaries and the Theological Journal Libraries I would reconsider. 

Posts 30479
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:45 PM

Joshua Garcia:
The price gap between Platinum and Portfolio is too wide.

That's my problem too.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:50 PM

The deal I want is 'trade in your UNUSED Logos resources for credit toward other ones.' I don't suppose I'll be getting a targeted mailing on that anytime soon. Crying

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1559
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:30 PM

I guess those who are portfolio owners are left out of the deal?

Posts 8934
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:33 PM

alabama24:

Joshua Garcia:
The price gap between Platinum and Portfolio is too wide.

That's my problem too.

Wow, what a coincidence, that's my big problem too.  I own all of College Press NIV commentaries and other Portfolio resources, but even with that, I don't know if it would be enough to bring the monthly payments down enough for me to be able to afford the upgrade.  Plus, they need to explain the "trade in" part.  I wouldn't want to lose my Baker titles, they'd have to pay me big bucks to give those up...LOL...hey, business is business!

DAL

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:40 PM

DAL:

Wow, what a coincidence, that's my big problem too.  I own all of College Press NIV commentaries and other Portfolio resources, but even with that, I don't know if it would be enough to bring the monthly payments down enough for me to be able to afford the upgrade.  Plus, they need to explain the "trade in" part.  I wouldn't want to lose my Baker titles, they'd have to pay me big bucks to give those up...LOL...hey, business is business!

DAL

I'm so happy I upgraded to Platinum when the Baker content was still in the package. In fact, that content played a big role in me upgrading from Silver. I LOVE the BECNT! Bock did a great job handling the Gospel of Luke. Without the Baker content, Platinum looks a little weak.

Posts 8934
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:49 PM

Joshua wrote: I'm so happy I upgraded to Platinum when the Baker content was still in the package. In fact, that content played a big role in me upgrading from Silver. I LOVE the BECNT! Bock did a great job handling the Gospel of Luke. Without the Baker content, Platinum looks a little weak.

Yep I strongly agree! Platinum looks very week! I'm just surprised/disappointed that Logos never worked anything out to replace those commentaries with at least some other simple commentaries (e.g. Tyndale, Application, Focus on the Bible, etc.).  Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait for Logos 5 to come out.

DAL

PS. I, too, am glad for upgrading while Platinum had the Baker titles.  I also think Darrel Bock did an outstanding job handling the gospel of Luke.  The whole BECNT series is great! Hopefully I'll recover in time to place my prepub for the new upgrade.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 11:34 PM

NewbieMick:
Check your notification settings. Maybe some things are deselected. On the other hand, it seems they sometimes pick a certain group for "special offers" (e.g. US customers that have Scholars Gold and invested XXX$ in the last YYY months with Logos) - I don't seem to get these either. Or only once or so.

I think I receive pretty much everything in terms of notifications. I got Portolio and spend enough regularly that they probably think they are doing well enough with me that they don't need to give me a special deal.

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 4:43 AM

I have never lost my rights to books by upgrading, but you could if you sold your package and then upgraded.

The question of this being a good deal or not is easy. If they give you full credit for books you already have bought it is a great deal!   Example if 3 months ago I buy a package which cost  1500 dollars, I do not get the current credit on the package, but if I upgrade now to a package that costs 4000 dollars I pay an additional 2500 dollars but get credit for 4000 dollars.  If I only get credit for only the 2500 dollars then there is no super deal any one can get that! 

Posts 1022
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 5:23 AM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:

The question of this being a good deal or not is easy. If they give you full credit for books you already have bought it is a great deal!   Example if 3 months ago I buy a package which cost  1500 dollars, I do not get the current credit on the package, but if I upgrade now to a package that costs 4000 dollars I pay an additional 2500 dollars but get credit for 4000 dollars.  If I only get credit for only the 2500 dollars then there is no super deal any one can get that! 

Are you sure this is right? If this is true then I can see a scenario where Logos actually pay you to upgrade, because the credit received would be greater than the incremental cost, which I do find a little hard to believe Big Smile

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 9:57 AM

I presume I am not breaking the forum rules in posting this (the post implies that the offer is open to all base package owners), but I wonder if this is what the OP was referring to :

I found this on my home page this morning. As it is on the home page, I presume it is a generic advert rolled out to all L4 users. There is no hyperlink and so I guess I would have to call customer services in order to get an exact price.

Coincidentally, I emailed Santiago Galeano yesterday for a quote on upgrading to Portfolio. Last Christmas I purchased the Master Collection (which contains a large number of resources exclusive to Portfolio). The upgrade calculator does not appear to have taken the Master Collection into account (the before and after price are pretty much the same, over $2000, ouch!). I have asked Santiago to double check whether the personalised quote on the website is correct. I await his response.

Obviously, if I have contravened the forum rules in posting the screenshot, let me know and I will pull it.

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 10:11 AM

Notice I said if in my comments, I never got the offer, I am going by what the person said the offer was!!! I do not know this is the offer, but if it is it will be a great deal for those it is offered to, I hope they can take Logos up on the deal.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 12:01 PM

Blair Laird:
I guess those who are portfolio owners are left out of the deal?

Blair, What would you suggest Logos do for us?

I could say I feel your pain but I re-directed my lament to the resources I do not have and I believe the Logos Credit promo will suffice.

I am hoping for a super-duper 12 Days of Logos offer.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 8:26 PM

Andy Evans:
Obviously, if I have contravened the forum rules in posting the screenshot, let me know and I will pull it.

Screen shot looks fine; coupon code is not displayed.  Wonder if need to call Logos ?

Andy Evans:
I have asked Santiago to double check whether the personalised quote on the website is correct. I await his response.

Likewise curious.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2011 12:13 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Screen shot looks fine; coupon code is not displayed.  

The content of the post appeared innocuous enough, but I am very grateful for the confirmation (I would not want to transgress the forum guidelines). Thank you.

Wonder if need to call Logos ?

I read in this thread that some users have received emails with further explanation of the deal. Mr Newsome (half-way down the page) suggests that the deal is 'phone only'.

Likewise curious.

Prior to purchasing the Master Collection, the personalised quote to upgrade to Portfolio was around $2,600, post-purchase the quote does not seem to have come down at all. Given that the Master Collection contained a chunk of the stuff I consider attractive in the Portfolio collection  (e.g. the Collection contained the majority of the College Press, JPS, ITC commentaries, Dr MLJ's books on Acts, etc.), I would have expected this to be reflected in the post-Master Collection personalised quotation. I wonder, therefore, whether the upgrade calculator has taken into account the Master Collection.

The quotation would have to come down massively before I consider upgrading.

I will let you know should I receive a response from Santiago.

Thank you, once again, for your response.

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS