Logos "private sale" - 26 December 2011

Page 1 of 5 (87 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 86 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 22 2011 1:59 AM

Just saw this post from Dan Pritchett on twitter.  In case the screen shot is too small to make out the text, it says:

Private sale @Logos -day after Christmas. Email sales@logos.com w/ your name & number. Ask for a call on 12/26 to get in line.

Is this likely a bespoke sale of the resources you tell them you're interested in?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 2:06 AM

Here's this link: https://twitter.com/#!/DanPritchett/status/149732364434669569

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 93
Fabrice | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:50 AM

I didn't quite understand what Dan Pritchett said. Does it mean Logos will call us ? And for what ? We negociate some other deals ?

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:02 AM

I wish someone could throw some light on this as i am not understanding.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 30842
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:06 AM

I assume it means that Logos will have unadvertised sales/discounts. If you have some things you are wanting to buy, email sales@logos.com with your phone number and someone will call you on the 26th. You could also call them on the 26th, but the phone lines might be jammed, which is why Dan is telling you to email with your phone number.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:07 AM

Unfortunately, I just blew the last of my book budget on 12 Days, etc.! Oh well. Next year's coming!

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:21 AM

Danny Baskin:

Unfortunately, I just blew the last of my book budget on 12 Days, etc.! Oh well. Next year's coming!

Heh, I blew my book budget on a certain commentary set earlier in the year.  This whole last quarter has been painful to watch as the sales came.  Stick out tongue  Fortunately for me, the 12 days stuff is going to extend into January the second.  Smile

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:26 AM

Thomas Black:

Danny Baskin:

Heh, I blew my book budget on a certain commentary set earlier in the year.  This whole last quarter has been painful to watch as the sales came.  Stick out tongue  Fortunately for me, the 12 days stuff is going to extend into January the second.  Smile

It's wild. No matter how many times I think I've bought just about enough resources, the good folks at Logos always find more ways to "encourage" me to buy more!

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:26 AM

Thanks Alabama. Those of us who live outside the US & in different time zone, will have to wait and see how this will work or be implemented.

Regards

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:27 AM

Thomas Black:
Heh, I blew my book budget on a certain commentary set earlier in the year.

Thomas,

If you don't mind me asking, what set?

db

Posts 1360
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:58 AM

Danny Baskin:
No matter how many times I think I've bought just about enough resources, the good folks at Logos always find more ways to "encourage" me to buy more!

I can quit anytime. Right after the next item I can't live without. Wink

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:01 AM

Danny Baskin:
If you don't mind me asking, what set?
 It was the EEC.  So far I've enjoyed reading through the two that are released - at least this is a "gift" to myself that will keep on giving.
Edwin Bowden:
I can quit anytime. Right after the next item I can't live without.
 Welcome to the Logos Anonymous Group (LAG) Edwin, you're among friends.  By relying on each other we can get through this.

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:06 AM

Thomas Black:

Danny Baskin:

Same here, thank you Jesus for next year's budget!!!

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:08 AM

Thomas Black:
 It was the EEC.  So far I've enjoyed reading through the two that are released - at least this is a "gift" to myself that will keep on giving.

That set is tempting, but I'll be dead by the time they finish it!

Thomas Black:
Welcome to the Logos Anonymous Group (LAG) Edwin, you're among friends.  By relying on each other we can get through this.

Au contraire; we're our own worst enemies!

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:38 AM

Danny Baskin:
 Precisely the reason I've just told my wife I'm getting a will this year that names my son as the recipient of my license.  Statistically I /should/ survive till it's published final - but I'm not even certain of today - let alone tomorrow.  :-)  Let God's will be done.

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:46 AM

Thomas Black:

Danny Baskin:
 Precisely the reason I've just told my wife I'm getting a will this year that names my son as the recipient of my license.  Statistically I /should/ survive till it's published final - but I'm not even certain of today - let alone tomorrow.  :-)  Let God's will be done.

Bravo and amen!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:08 AM

Danny Baskin:

Thomas Black:

Au contraire; we're our own worst enemies!

Friendly comfort while our wallets have a pity party ? Crying

Christmas collections with credit have some attractiveness. Geeked

Thankful God is in control with perfect timing. Big Smile

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:59 AM

Thomas Black:
This whole last quarter has been painful to watch as the sales came.  Stick out tongue

Wouldn't it be something if you got a call from Logos on the day after Christmas with an offer of deferred billing.

I'm just thinking that if I was having a "year end" sale, that's what I would do to push up sales numbers.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:02 AM

Paul Golder:

Wouldn't it be something if you got a call from Logos on the day after Christmas with an offer of deferred billing.

What a splendid idea! I hope they're reading this.

Posts 1883
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:16 AM

Thanks for posting this...will wait to see what they offer.

Page 1 of 5 (87 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS