BUG: Search results reset to first page on verse click - Logos 4 Mac

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 50
Ed | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 23 2011 6:50 AM

When performing a Bible search that yields more than one page of results, if I change the page and click on one of the verses in the search results, the verse is opened in my Bible pane, but the search is re-executed, resulting in a reset back to the top of the first page (not to mention the wasted time/CPU of rerunning the search). This is very frustrating when trying to jump through a list of search results.

Here are the steps I'm using to reproduce this problem:

1. Open Bible Search window (my options say "Search All Bible Text in All Passages in NKJV for...")

2. Search for the word "daughter" (or any other common word that will yield multiple pages of results). My search on daughter yields pages that are titled: "Ge 5:4   Ex 2:16   Ru 3:16   Ne 5:5   La 2:2"

3. Click on "Ex 2:16" at the bottom of the results, then click on the verse link titled "10:9" (for Exodus 10:9).

The search is re-executed, and the top of page 1 is displayed again. Also, clicking on the page links at the bottom sometimes re-executes the search, as well.

Posts 26049
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2011 9:25 AM

Hi Ed

I can't comment on the specific problem you are seeing - I am running the Windows version - but have you tried running the search in "Verses" mode as opposed to "Grid" which I think you are using?

"Verses" shows all the results on a single page which might provide you a workaround while this problem is addressed.

Graham

Posts 50
Ed | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2011 4:25 PM

I tried using "Verse" mode, and it too has the problem of re-executing the search when a verse is clicked. Good suggestion, though!

Posts 5993
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 2:33 AM

Graham Criddle:
I can't comment on the specific problem you are seeing - I am running the Windows version

Hi Ed

I can comment on the specific problem you are seeing - I am running the Mac version in the latest version.

You report the problem correctly - every time you click on a reference to change the display in a connected bible the search page clears and the search appears to re-run.

This can hardly be efficient coding of this facility and makes me wonder why the problem hasn't been the subject of a good deal of comment before.

I take it from Graham's reply that the behaviour on the windows edition is somewhat different!

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 2:59 AM

Ed:
if I change the page and click on one of the verses in the search results, the verse is opened in my Bible pane, but the search is re-executed,

Did this several times in both Grid and Verses display modes. L4 behaved as you described above. Even clicking in a blank area at the top of the page causes the same action. However, L4 may be executing a screen redraw rather than re-initiating the search—Still inefficient, but a different programming challenge.

Don't know if this helps, but here are my log files for several screen redraws

7345.LogosLogs Jack Caviness 20111224-055451.gz

Posts 9205
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 12:06 PM

This bug will be fixed in the next 4.5 Beta release.

Posts 50
Ed | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 7:02 PM

I have confirmed that this bug is fixed in the latest update (Logos Mac 4.5 Beta 12 (4.50.0.1737).

I must say that Logos Support is the most responsive of any software vendor I've dealt with. Keep up the good work!

Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS