Evernote Integration!

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 12
Corby Stephens | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 23 2011 2:05 PM

Enough said. OK, maybe not. I would to have an option in the right-click menu to add a highlighted block of text sent to Evernote, perhaps similar to their web clippers for all the major browsers. It would be even better if the clipped note included/sent the bibliographical reverence info with it.

Who is with me!

Posts 1
mike macon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2011 2:13 PM

Here, here.

Posts 84
Jerry Fourroux | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2011 8:35 PM

Bring it!

Posts 608
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2011 9:55 PM

Pretty please?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 2:47 AM

Logos User Voice suggestion => Import/Export notes to/from Evernote. has 195 votes: currently # 19 overall.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 9:17 AM

I would really prefer onenote integration over evernote... I've used both for a long time, but I've slid to only using onenote recently, because of the greater capabilities of the product. The only downside is there is no native mac version --but there is a web based version with most of the capabilities to cover that base.

If you consider evernote, please consider Onenote --it's a much more useful product for actually taking notes beyond a simple todo list.

:-)

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 10:22 AM

In my observation, MS products don't play well with Logos.

Libronix was heavily reliant on IE and needed to be fixed every time Microsoft updated their browser.

Now LOGOS picked Word for creating work files for Personal Books. As is commonly known, Word adds all kinds of mark up that is invisible to users but which trips Logos parser. It's a mess.

I don't think it is God's will for Logos to marry anyone in Microsoft family Wink

Posts 5
Wingfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 10:44 PM

I am! Evernote use with Logos would be a brilliant edition.

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 1:42 PM

I've heard a lot about Evernote integration, but am not sure exactly what that means, or if it means the same thing to every user.

Just the ability to "Send to Evernote" from a right-click? Or is there more to it than that?

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 1:48 PM

I would say just the ability to clip to Evernote would be phenomenal! Typically the click would launch a new note for Evernote.

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 2:15 PM

I am completely against the idea. I just cannot stand the icon! I mean, is that an elephant? Really? Huh?

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 2:29 PM

I can see where some night find this helpful, I personally prefer to keep my notes within Logos. 

Posts 1558
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 2:58 PM

Yes Bob, basic integration would just look like a right-click option from selected text, copying the text and perhaps reference/page number. Ideally, one could choose between a new Evernote note and the current note, but new note as default would be great. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 9136
LogosEmployee

Ben:

Yes Bob, basic integration would just look like a right-click option from selected text, copying the text and perhaps reference/page number. Ideally, one could choose between a new Evernote note and the current note, but new note as default would be great. 

Would integration in Logos 4 be functionally different than what happens if you currently do this?

1. select text in Logos 4
  2. press Ctrl+C
  3. press Ctrl+Alt+V (to paste into Evernote, assuming you haven't changed the default shortcut key)

That is, would you expect direct integration in Logos 4 to accomplish the same result, but just be carried out with mouse clicks rather than keystrokes?

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 10:03 PM

Corby Stephens:

Enough said. OK, maybe not. I would to have an option in the right-click menu to add a highlighted block of text sent to Evernote, perhaps similar to their web clippers for all the major browsers. It would be even better if the clipped note included/sent the bibliographical reverence info with it.

Who is with me!

I am!!!!

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 10:11 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Would integration in Logos 4 be functionally different than what happens if you currently do this?

1. select text in Logos 4
  2. press Ctrl+C
  3. press Ctrl+Alt+V (to paste into Evernote, assuming you haven't changed the default shortcut key)

That is, would you expect direct integration in Logos 4 to accomplish the same result, but just be carried out with mouse clicks rather than keystrokes?

I think Logos could automate a lot more than just simple content copy/paste. At least, it could include a clipping-type bibliography with a link back to Logos' resource, timestamp...

For our notes on Scripture, could an icon be added, just like for a regular note.  I understand, that if a user moves his evernote files, the link would break, but I think it would be simple to restore with Program Setting "Evernote Location"

However, if we are seriously talking about this, how about LOGOS does a survey between a OneNote and Evernote.

Posts 23
Christopher Gunter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:39 AM

Not all logos users have heard of evernote software (nevermind onenote) so perhaps you could tell us where to get it, and why it is better than MSword, or opensource office. It might have to be part of the logos 4 package when you buy the original software, otherwise those who don't have evernote will see the icon/option there and never use it - just because they don't know what it is.

In addition to this I am interested in the kind of quote/bibliographic reference that would be imported into evernote. I was trying suggest a similar kind of feature in my post called "logos 4 (content and documentation) - terms of use", but I didn't have the technical wording. The idea is that when you right click on highlighted text to import it to another document outside of logos, there is an option in the menu that tells you about the copyright status of the book, whether it is public domain or not and whether you will be allowed to copy the content to your new document in terms of the logos 4 EULA.

Posts 32972
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 1:39 AM

Having notes in an external piece of software is not an acceptable solution for me. I need to have my notes searched when I cycle through the material again. I see Bible study as a spiral in which each time through builds on what was learned previously. And yes, I mean notes not finished products that I can include in PB's.

With Bob's analogy of writing in the margins of your Bible - would you write in the margins of your Bible if you could never see/read it there? You write in the margins because you want to see it again.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 5:56 AM

toughski:
For our notes on Scripture, could an icon be added, just like for a regular note.

For me this is the feature that justifies calling the feature integration because as has already been pointed out we can already move information using copy and paste. I would also want this to extend to all notes not just scripture, add the ability to preview the external note by hovering over the icon with the mouse and it all sounds fantatsic...

Like others I currently use OneNote and not EverNote which I guess creates the problem of which programs would Logos integrate with.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 6:54 AM

Corby Stephens:

Instead of asking Logos to do this, I wonder if this is the sort of thing the SDK could deal with (and allow)? This would take the burden of development and changes in the target product away from Logos, and put it into the hands of volunteers who create and maintain something they are interested in. It seems to me that a simple Copy/Paste to a target program would not be outside the realm of an SDK possibility - if not on the right-click menu, then via an icon on the shortcut bar?

Yes, it would require a programmer with an interest in the target program (whether Evernote, Onenote, or something else). But, the likelihood of there being one among the vast number of Logos users, is fairly high.

[SDK=Software Development Kit. There is a sort of Logos SDK that some progaming types have used to build modules for Logos that work quite well.]

EDIT: I know. Logos doesn't call it an SDK, and maybe what they've released isn't technically an SDK. But the general concept is the same (been looking for what it is that they released for such addons, and haven't stumbled across it yet).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS