Install Logos 4 across two partitions

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Ian McAsey | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 27 2011 5:21 AM
Is it possible to install Logos 4 onto a computer such that the programme is held on one partition (eg C:) while the data is held on a second partition (eg D:) and if so, how is it accomplished? Thanks Ian
Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 5:31 AM

Ian,

Unfortunately there is no way to install Logos (from the installer at least) the way you envision. With how integrated Logos is with its indexes and resource files I don't see there being a big performance boost in splitting files this way. I would recommend just installing it all on D: using a custom install.

However, it is possible to move the data after an install using junction point software. see: http://wiki.logos.com/Install_in_different_folder_or_drive for more details

Posts 34
Ian McAsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 5:43 AM
Thanks Kevin At what point does it allow me to custom install onto my second partition (D: drive) during the installation proces? What I mean is how do I override the automatic installation process to allow me to change the target drive to D:? Ian
Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 5:43 AM

Ian McAsey:
Is it possible to install Logos 4 onto a computer such that the programme is held on one partition (eg C:) while the data is held on a second partition (eg D:) and if so, how is it accomplished?

Not easily.  Logos 4 is designed to install the program (72 KB) in the user's application data folder.  Each user can have their own Logos 4 installed, including different Logos 4 versions.

Kevin Becker:
I would recommend just installing it all on D: using a custom install.

Yes  Personally have Logos 4 custom installed on my F: drive with Logos4.exe program in my Logos4 folder (resource files with indexing use many GB's of space).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 5:46 AM

Ian McAsey:
What I mean is how do I override the automatic installation process to allow me to change the target drive to D:?

Suggest looking at wiki =>  Quick Installation onto multiple computers (all 3 methods describe when custom installation can be chosen).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS