Love my December purchases and resulting Christmas credit…

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 1 2012 9:30 PM

Thanks, Logos.

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:23 PM

Very appreciative of this years great prices and Logos Cash offering! I took very full advantage of it.

Thank you Logos!

Posts 1883
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 2:32 PM

I wish to express my thanks as well. I got two sets I wanted (a nice Christmas gift from special people) and now have enough Logos Cash to get two books I have wanted. I have been very interested in getting Grasping God's Word ever since I heard it mentioned in one of Mark Barnes video. I now have the money to get it for free. This is a real blessing. 

Thanks Logos!

In Christ,

Philana Crouch

Posts 898
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 5:04 PM

Praiser:

Very appreciative of this years great prices and Logos Cash offering! I took very full advantage of it.

Thank you Logos!

Me, too! Thank you Logos and Santiago for exchanging my money for some good Logos resources and future credit! I made 3 last-minute/last-day purchases just a few minutes ago. Now I can sleep. :)

But, please hurry with The Dead Sea Scrolls: A New Translation, and The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible, so I can read the Qumran texts in diglot fashion. Cool

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 5:40 PM

Philana Crouch:

I wish to express my thanks as well. I got two sets I wanted (a nice Christmas gift from special people) and now have enough Logos Cash to get two books I have wanted. I have been very interested in getting Grasping God's Word ever since I heard it mentioned in one of Mark Barnes video. I now have the money to get it for free. This is a real blessing. 

Thanks Logos!

In Christ,

Philana Crouch

Grasping God's Word is a great hermeneutics resource. You will certainly enjoy it!

Posts 103
Mark O'Hearn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 6:07 AM

Earlier in December I started a thread about my disappointment with the "12 Days of Logos."  While most of the items on special were of little to no interest to me personally, I did take advantage of the credit program and the payment plan. 

In the end purchased the Works of Ironside and the Nelson Bible bundle (primarily for WBC), along with a few other resources (Bible Study magazine, Orthodoxy, Amplified Bible, 2,200 Spurgeon quotes, and the Hebrews Pillar commentary). 

With these purchases I intend to buy the BECNT (8 volumes), which were not included when I purchased my Platinum upgrade package, and the ISBE.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 6:48 AM

Mark O'Hearn:

With these purchases I intend to buy the BECNT (8 volumes), which were not included when I purchased my Platinum upgrade package...

Mark, you may have to wait until the upgrade pack for BECNT comes out of pre-pub as I believe, at the present time, we can't use Logos Christmas Credit for pre-pub resources.  That said, I think I recall seeing that Logos were looking into the possibility of changing this.  If so, that would be very welcome as this is a resource I would very much like to buy too with my Christmas credit.

EDIT: I see you're referring to the original 8 volume pack which isn't in pre-pub, rather than the 7 volume upgrade pack!

Posts 1304
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 7:00 AM

I also appreciated this deal. Santiago was absolutely great. I am sure he had a really busy time and might be ready for a breaknow. In the end, I spent a lot more than I had planned, but now I am able to get two sets of resources with my Christmas Credit.

Armin

Posts 103
Mark O'Hearn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:27 AM

You had me worry for a moment Paul.Huh? 

Yes, the original set that was bundled with Platinum until I decided to upgrade to it.Wink  While I think it is handy to have a complete OT/NT commentary set (Tyndale great value, NAC good series), I purchase and prioritize my Logos library based on the top 2 commentaries as rated at BestCommentaries.com.  Obviously I add my own personal favourites to the mix, but find this methodology a good starting point for each study. 

I say all this because all the original BECNT volumes (if I remember correctly) are ranked 1 or 2.  For what I am after that is a terrific set.

Regards

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS