How do you plan on spending YOUR Christmas credit?…

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:07 AM

Geeked

Posts 1869
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:23 AM

Towards the upgrade of the commentary set that I purchased. The credit will cut the price almost in half.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:45 AM

[I hope the OP doesn't mind me borrowing this thread - it could give others ideas as to what to spend their credit on... Idea]

I'd be grateful for a few suggestions on how to spend my Christmas credit.  I have about $500 to spend and qualify from academic pricing.

I currently have the Platinum base package with the following main additions: NIVAC NT, NICOT/NICNT, Baker Exegetical (but not the upgrade pack on pre-pub), Baker NT commentary, Essential IVP Reference Collection v3.

I use Logos mainly for preparing sermons and for studying towards my MA in Biblical and Theological Studies.  I will at some point (maybe in 1 year or so, as I'm studying part-time) have to take Hebrew and Greek, but I'm not studying these right now.

Some thoughts I'd had (I wish I could do them all!):

• Beef up my dictionary set maybe with AYBD or ISBE (I've seen the various threads discussing the benefits of each)?
  • NIVAC OT - I like NIVAC NT - is this worth getting too?
  • IVP Dictionary of the OT?
  • Buy HALOT to help with later Hebrew studies, although I won't need this for some time so would I be better off buying something else instead?
  • Buy the four or so Pillars commentaries I don't have?
  • Put it towards another major commentary set, if so, what?

I'm after resources that will complement, and essentially not duplicate, what I've already got.  Any and all suggestions or thoughts would be very welcome!  Happy New Year to all!

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:29 AM

Special offer on update to Pillar Commentary, e.g. $168 for the 4 volume update.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:56 AM

Just on my pre pubs here...

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:36 PM

It's my understanding that pre-pubs are NOT eligible for Christmas credit application.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:44 PM

Michael Anda:
It's my understanding that pre-pubs are NOT eligible for Christmas credit application.

That is correct, for the moment. There are rumors that Logos is working of enabling the website ordering software to process Credit for Pre-Pubs sometime in the near future. Now I would not count on it happening in the next few weeks when a lot of cool Pre-Pubs will be shipping. But I hope I am wrong.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 12:00 PM

Paul Clarke:
Put it towards another major commentary set, if so, what?

You might consider Word Biblical Commentary (WBC)

Paul Clarke:
Buy the four or so Pillars commentaries I don't have?

I would

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 12:10 PM

I'm hoping to pick up WBC w/the upgrade, additional dictionaries (ISBE, IVP), Grudems, HALOT, the Biblical Counseling Bundle with Jay Adams books, the Piper Sermon Series, possibly the Tozer series, and hopefully the Jonathan Edwards set if I can get an excellent price on it when it's published :D

Posts 1883
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 12:18 PM

I will be getting Grasping God's Word by Duvall and Hayes.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 12:53 PM

This one in on my short list

Church of God Digital Library Collection 9  $300

I never saw it in Pre-Pub. It just appeared in New Products. I think it would hyave generated more excitement.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 8:40 PM

Michael Anda:

If this is true i will be returning all my December purchases.

-Dan

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:49 PM

Dan it was in the print.  It said that the credit was unavailable for pre-pubs at this time yet it was phrased in such a way that it might change in the future. (no time frame)

Posts 36369
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 11:34 PM

Super Tramp:
It just appeared in New Products.

Is this http://community.logos.com/forums/p/24014/178550.aspx#178550?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 93
Fabrice | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 12:32 AM

I'm planning to get the Greek and Hebrew Logos Software. Does anybody have it already and tell me if it's worth getting it ?

Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:27 AM

Dan Francis:

Michael Anda:

Did you only purchase those resources to get Christmas Credit? did you not want them?

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 8:54 AM

Jack Caviness:

Dan Francis:

Michael Anda:

Did you only purchase those resources to get Christmas Credit? did you not want them?

One was a bit suspect, but for the most part i did want them, but I can live without any of them, yes I misread the details, Budgeting I planed for the bulk of my pre pubs to be paid for with my credit while I paid off the december purchases. Several items on pre pub are very important to me like New Interpreter's Bible, they are out of my 2012 budget now if Logos credit can not be applied. Even when I was talking to Logos accounting department I was told thats a smart idea. Although by her own admission she did say she was totally unfamiliar with the Christmas credit program.

-dan

Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 10:02 AM

Dan Francis:
Several items on pre pub are very important to me

Don't return your December purchases until we get the final word from Logos. You might contact Dan Pritchett <dan@logos.com> (head of marketing) and explain your situation. Perhaps he will give you clarification.

Posts 36369
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:48 PM

The short answer to the thread title- quickly

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 5:09 PM

Any particular titles that you'd care to share, MJ?

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS