Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9
David Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 5:32 PM

So, am I getting the story right that because of this leak, Proclaim is going to essentially be useless to us tomorrow??  That is not a good thing to find out today as we're trying to put in slides.  As much as I like the idea of Proclaim, I have had too many issues with it running sluggish and not syncing correctly to feel it is dependable on a regular basis, especially now that it's out of Beta and still having problems.  I really want to like this, but this is going to cause a late night and early morning for coming up with plan B (and that's after wasting a half hour wrestling with it trying to get it to respond before finding this thread).  Not angry and I do understand issues occasionally happen, but definitely wrestling with disappointment and frustration with this program. 

Posts 1
Tony Silveira | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 8 2012 4:32 AM

I hope it works... It gets to a point where the computer freezes. I am using a little workaround by using a little APP called FreeMemory that is resident on the top bar. Whenever it goes on red I click it. Yesterday I had to force quit Proclaim and the weird thing was that I couldn't even do it...

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 4:39 PM

Scott,

Just in case you haven't seen my other posts...

I DL'ed the new update today.  While the memory leak issues are BETTER on my Mac, they're are far from "fixed".  It's been so bad on OS X Lion today, I rebooted and started using Proclaim on my W7 partition (It Windows 7, I have not problems with Proclaim).  Honestly, this version of Proclaim for Mac is less functional in terms of reliability than one of the first betas.

Please fix the memory problems before Sunday!  They're driving me nuts!

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:09 AM

Marc - Any feedback on how you were using the application which caused it to run out of memory would be helpful. Currently we're looking into a leak related to customizing slides. Are you doing a lot of customization? 

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:06 AM

So, I just tried to reproduce the bug again.  Proclaim for Mac more or less behaves itself when I'm NOT working with songs.  I should start by saying I use HD videos/motions with Proclaim.  At first, everything seems fine.  I can customize a slideshow with Powerpoint jpegs, no problems.  But if I click on a HD motion song (according to my free memory app or activity monitor) 300-400 MB of memory is grabbed. Not too bad until I click on another song...another 300-400 MB of mem. is drawn down...Then, on the next song, the same thing, etc.  By the 3rd or 4th song, I think file swapping begins in force (with only 25 MB left, that's no surprise!), Proclaim bogs down dramatically (effectively locks up) and sometimes crashes.

I have a 4 month old BTO MBP with 4 GB, i7 processor, 7200 rpm HDD, Lion.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS