Logos 4 Indexing crashes every time

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 43 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 7895
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:20 AM

Mark Kulikovsky:

Do you want any examples of courrupted resource files to help with diagnosis? - I have 134 of them sitting in a folder which I was going to delete. I'll hold off in case you want some of them. If there are any particular ones you want, let me know.

Thanks, Mark, this would be helpful. Please email a couple of the smaller files (under 2MB) to logos4feedback@logos.com, ATTN: Bradley, and I'll examine them to see just how different they are from what you should have had.

Posts 203
David McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:34 AM

Bradley Grainger:
You're one of a handful of customers (that we know of) who have resource files that have somehow become corrupted during the download process.

I may have been one of those. However, since I have downloaded SR6 I am happy to say that after 4.5 hrs the indexing successfully completed. Except for LXX.lbxlls, my resources had not fundamentally changed or been upgraded. Yet since that massive download (5.8 gbs) my indexer has not failed to crash!

I noticed that there were errors reporting on LXX.lbxlls, LXXHEB.lbsrvi, NRSVNT.lbsrvi & NRSVOT.lbsrvi.  I removed those files & allowed L4 to re-download them. The only changed file was LXX.lbxlls which was changed to LXX.logos4 - & yes, crashed again.  Unfortunately, Bradleigh's checksum program only checks *.logos files so I could not determine whether any *.lbxlls files were corrupt. However, using Total Commander to do a "Compare by Content" I found that the newly downloaded files were exactly the same as those I thought might have been corrupt. This indicates that it is highly unlikely that those files that indicated errors in the indexer log were corrupt on my drive. It may indicate that the versions on the Logos server are the problem, but I'm not a tech person & could well be wrong.

I was thinking about moving these files out of the Resource folder & try indexing again. But when I saw that there was a new software release, I hoped that the indexer may have been updated. Anyway, it all went smoothly without a hitch even though looking at the indexer log file, I still have those errors being reported.  I have attached the files for your info.

5504.Logos4Indexer.zip

David
https://www.echucacommunitychurch.com

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6-6137tx ; i7 2 GHz; 8 gb RAM; 2 gb Graphics; 750 Gb HD; Win 10; Bitdefender Antivirus.

Posts 7895
LogosEmployee

David McAllan:

I was thinking about moving these files out of the Resource folder & try indexing again. But when I saw that there was a new software release, I hoped that the indexer may have been updated. Anyway, it all went smoothly without a hitch even though looking at the indexer log file, I still have those errors being reported.  I have attached the files for your info.

These "errors" can be safely ignored; they are not specific to your system, and won't cause problems during the indexing. (They do indicate minor problems, but they are problems for us to fix. One of them does indicate a bug in the indexer (that will be fixed in 4.0a), and another one indicates some missing information in the KJV OT, which will be fixed by a resource update.)

Posts 2
Ronald Ossenfort | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 11:31 AM

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your reply.  This was helpful to me with further explanation, etc.  The case you described in the above email thread is mine. 

From reading your response, I think what I will do is await the arrival of the DVD copy.  Before I install from the DVD copy, I will uninstall all of Logos4 from the computer and attempt a completely new installation from the DVD, etc. and see if I can install the library without indexing errors (since the DVD should have pristine copies on it).  Thanks for your response and your helpful reply.  I won't mind doing a completely clean install with the DVD in hopes of a successful installation.  I am hopeful that this will resolve the problem.  The features in L4 that I went through with the first tutorial look great to me.  I am hopeful for a clean install when I get the DVD and get L4 up and running.  I'll update you when that happens with the results.  Thanks Brad for your help/response... Blessings....Ron

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS