Page 2 of 11 (220 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 219 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 3:02 PM

Bob Pritchett:
if you need to return a resource

Only way you will get my Logos resources back is to pry them from my cold, dead fingers. Super Angry That's how we cowboys in Oklahoma say we are fond of somethin'.

I do wish we could let Libronix fade away over the next 12 months. This news was rather sudden for the folk who still plow the field with the old mare, instead of the new tractor. Shooting her to save on oats seems so...uh,  postmodern. The "old paths" way is to treat her with a little sorghum too.  

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 3:50 PM

Super Tramp:
I do wish we could let Libronix fade away over the next 12 months.

That may yet happen! But it's difficult to fade out support for new releases that Bob confirmed. And due to the "suddenness" of that event people can return the resource.

Some things need to be clarified:-

• if the resource is available from the ftp site where will that information be readily available e.g. in my Orders, an email?
  • will there be a "Works on" icon for Libronix on the Product description page (probably one with a slash/cross for "not work")

Otherwise there will be a lot of returns.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 778
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 4:09 PM

Bob Pritchett:

I'm sorry our announcement is late; we are planning to drop support for Libronix edition of new releases. It's been over 2 years since we moved to Logos 4, and most of our users have moved to it.

Yes Yes Yes

Glad to see it heading this way.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 4:29 PM

Dave Hooton:

Some things need to be clarified:-

• if the resource is available from the ftp site where will that information be readily available e.g. in my Orders, an email?
  • will there be a "Works on" icon for Libronix on the Product description page (probably one with a slash/cross for "not work")

Otherwise there will be a lot of returns.

There are always many factors the user never thinks of. It just occurred to me that all the new resources would need support staff for typos, tagging errors long after the official cut-off date. It is like raising a child to adulthood; the easy-to-care-for cute infant becomes a fashion-assassin, with poor music taste. You can't send therm back and they can't quite fly from the nest yet.         Expensive.  

I am on board with Logos 4 and looking forward to 5, 6, and 7.  

(I reserve my right to fire up Libronix 3 and wear my puka shell necklace when I get misty-eyed.)  

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 4:40 PM

Denise Barnhart:
But if you're not also going let me download the credits in L3 format

Here's the thing, I still have over 200 resources in Libronix format in Logos4; many of which you can still buy.  Logos aren't going to know whether you intend it for Libronix or Logos 4 or both. Same applies to any resource you buy unless its availability is clarified i.e. "Works on".

It's clear that new releases in 2012 won't be "shipped" in Libronix format. So is there is a conflict between Logos' promise of credit and your expectation to use that credit for products in Libronix or is it the lack of a download link in Orders? Note that I think Logos' timing and lack of clarity is abysmal.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 5:09 PM

Dave Hooton:
It's clear that new releases in 2012 won't be "shipped" in Libronix format

What is clear is Logos has to cut the throat of it's sibling Libronix before Logos can claim the throne. All resources downloading from Logos.com will be Logos 4 only, but all resources shipped from third party publishers will be Libronix format. As long as  Logos is still creating the CDs in-house for third party publishers there is going to be a sibling rivalry. 

edit: I have just learned this resource will only be produced as a downloadable product. The Libronix CD has been canceled. (Publisher said so.)

The latest third party production I am interested in is the Church of God Digital Library Collection 9 . As best as I can tell it is a downloadable product for Logos 4 (no shipping)   see edit note aboveand a CD product for Libronix (marketed by the creator. The future of the Logos user base looks eerily like the divided kingdom stage of Israel & Judah. Will Logos continue to produce Libronix resources for it's closest competitor? What if IVP, CoG, Fortress Press, eNelson and the others don't want to contract for Logos in-house publishing?    Scary. Abysmal fits

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 5:12 PM

Well, to be honest, I'm not upset or anything. When L4 came out and we came to understand Bob's vision, we budgeted for a year of L3 resources, figuring he'd close L3  up after a year. When 2011 rolled around, I was dancing around with my spouse on why I was still significantly purchasing throughout 2011.

My only issue is wanting to use my Christmas credit to finish out our 2011 budget (all are pre-existing resources, most of them actually existing back in the heyday of L3).

I'd also would have really liked Meyer in L3 format but I guess I can write it off. Earlier this week, I deleted all my CPs and all nice-to-have pre-pubs. Presuming 2012 resources are L4 only, I'll delete the rest as well.

Again, I've no issue with Bob ... he's a year later than I planned. I'm just waiting to see how we'll close out the 2011 sale.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 5:39 PM

Bob Pritchett:

I'm sorry our announcement is late; we are planning to drop support for Libronix edition of new releases. It's been over 2 years since we moved to Logos 4, and most of our users have moved to it.

As we add more functionality and support for richer tagging to Logos 4, it's harder and more time-consuming to build Libronix-compatible editions. And while there are still Libronix users, they typically aren't frequent/active purchasers of new content. (They are increasingly, by definition, people who don't upgrade/buy a lot of new things.)

We believe the time is right to drop Libronix support on new releases so that we can put our resources into other efforts.

I know many people do still use Libronix, and we're not disabling it, we're just not going to keep putting more and more effort into supporting it with new releases. I apologize for the disconnect between the change in releases and the announcement; if you need to return a resource we'll be happy to help you with that.

-- Bob

An announcement would have been nice so that we could download resources for L3.

Posts 5468
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 5:48 PM

I feel like someone just snuck a dose of methadone into my morning cup of coffee. Finally, a reason to break the Logos habit.

Now I suppose I can start looking for a software package that doesn't think qualtiy notes are a stupid idea.

Oh...and I will be expecting a full refund on EEC.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 24
Bruce Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 5:59 PM

I thought a contract was a contract.   When I offered to purchase certain items via community pricing or prepub, I have stuck with my offer.  When and item moves from CP to PP, I understood Logos/Libronix had accepted my offer to purchase the product, knowing I had version 3. 

For some reason I have a $117 credit, which I guess I will not get to use.    Has Logos/ Libronix backed out of our purchase agreement for CP & PP materials?

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:12 PM

I would like a refund of $6,177.79. Which is the amount spend directly from Logos. What about a refund of my Logos 4 Gold upgrade or my Platinum upgrade. I'm not happy with Logos 4 at all and know I can't buy any more resources for this software. I have continued to buy from Logos because I was able to use the resources in Libronix. I just bought the Expositor's Bible for Libronix and have a few more CPs but now I have to cancel them and tell everyone I told about Libronix to stop buying.

I would love to give up every resource for a full refund if Logos 4 is my only option. So will you refund my $6,177.79, or the Platinum, or Gold upgrades??

Posts 35595
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:23 PM

James Chaisson:
I would love to give up every resource for a full refund if Logos 4 is my only option.

Do you realize that the forums are filled with fellow users with only certain forums even monitored by Logos? You need to contact Logos via Customer Service if you are serious.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:26 PM

Jerry Bush:

Bob Pritchett:

Yes Yes Yes

Jerry

Same here!

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:42 PM

Otto S. Carroll:

Jerry Bush:

Bob Pritchett:

Yes Yes Yes

Jerry

Same here!

Yes Yes Yes Yes

When we're out with the Monaco Dynasty, it's always such a pain when next to you in the park is a 2009. I mean, for goodness sakes, the 2011 is what people like us are driving. Sometimes we tiptoe into the park manager's office and see if somehow we can move to a better slot. Or better yet, get them to upgrade their minimums.

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:46 PM

MJ. Smith:
You need to contact Logos via Customer Service if you are serious

Yes you are right and so because I am serious I just emailed support asking the question.

Posts 5468
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:48 PM

Denise Barnhart:

When we're out with the Monaco Dynasty, it's always such a pain when next to you in the park is a 2009. I mean, for goodness sakes, the 2011 is what people like us are driving. Sometimes we tiptoe into the park manager's office and see if somehow we can move to a better slot. Or better yet, get them to upgrade their minimums.

In other words, "let them eat cake!" eh??

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:52 PM

David ... you can't let your Cadllac get banged up with a Camry next to it, can you? Unloading people who can't afford the freight improves the neighborhood. That should be obvious. This is long overdue.

Posts 35595
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 7:27 PM

Bob Pritchett:

As we add more functionality and support for richer tagging to Logos 4, it's harder and more time-consuming to build Libronix-compatible editions. And while there are still Libronix users, they typically aren't frequent/active purchasers of new content. (They are increasingly, by definition, people who don't upgrade/buy a lot of new things.)

We believe the time is right to drop Libronix support on new releases so that we can put our resources into other efforts.

While I can sympathize with those with problematic internet service or old computer without funds to upgrade, I also recognize that there is a point where continuing to support L3 resources limits the features we get to see in L4. Having just discovered in the Augustine resource the bibliography support now in L4 files, I am not surprised that the time to cut L3 loose has come. Thanks for weighing in Bob.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 35595
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 7:29 PM

Super Tramp:
It is like raising a child to adulthood; the easy-to-care-for cute infant becomes a fashion-assassin, with poor music taste.

Well, ST, you've finally identified our REAL difference - I'll take a sassy teen over and infant any time.Stick out tongue

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 7:34 PM

There will always be whiners. The key is not giving in to them.

Page 2 of 11 (220 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS