Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 168
Lucas Herlitz | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 7 2012 4:31 PM

At present, it's nearly impossible for multiple people to work in Proclaim at once.  But, there's now way to know if there is someone else logged in at another location.  I was having all kinds of problem adding in our music for tomorrow's service.  So, I called around.  Turns out the senior pastor was putting his sermon slides in.  He, too, was having difficulties.  Once I quit the application, he was able to continue to work with no problems.

We either need to fix this major bug or provide us some kind of alert that lets us know other users are logged in working on the presentation.

Posts 9
David Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 5:09 PM

Same problem here. Absolutely impossible to use as it is perpetually syncing. Definitely needs fixing.

Posts 152
Chris Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 8:20 PM

I would go so far as to say that the greatest overall weakness of Proclaim at this point is its general sluggishness, and it seems that the sluggishness is primarily due to refreshing and syncing content. (The other main culprit seems to be memory leaks, particularly on the Mac platform.)

Without a massive computer farm (such as Google employs for their realtime collaboration products), I think it may not be practical for true real-time synchronization between multiple clients and the cloud. I suggest exploring some options to avoid the bottleneck of going to the server and back on so many things. Perhaps a checkout system that locks a particular content item when one member of a group is editing it. Creative caching, asynchronous communication with the server, periodic syncing when a lull is detected in user interaction, an option to enable or disable automatic syncing, etc., are all possibilities that may lead to a more responsive program.

Logos has extended the free period for beta testing a couple times now as a result, according to their posts, of a large response to the beta program. I strongly encourage Logos to dramatically improve the overall responsiveness and collaboration features of this program before ending the free beta stage. I would love to see Proclaim become a successful product. I think it will fill a needed niche in the presentation market. However, should this product launch with the current level of instability and unresponsiveness it often exhibits, I fear (paying) customer frustration will create a negative image of this product that will be difficult to overcome.

I trust that the tone of this post is not too critical. I write it with gratitude to the development team that invests so many hours into this product and with genuine excitement to see this product excel.

Platform Details for Alpha/Beta Testing Reference:

• Windows 7 Home Premium x64
  • Intel Core2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13GHz
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • Logos 4 Gold

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 10:31 PM

Your concerns are a high priority for the upcoming release. Expect improvements in support for concurrent multi-user collaboration.

Posts 85
Jeffrey Mashaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2012 2:54 PM

Chris Martin:

I would go so far as to say that the greatest overall weakness of Proclaim at this point is its general sluggishness, and it seems that the sluggishness is primarily due to refreshing and syncing content. (The other main culprit seems to be memory leaks, particularly on the Mac platform.)

Chris, I agree with this and with your suggestions for improvement. Good post. 

Macbook Pro  |  OSX 10.6.8  |  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 |  4 GB Ram  |  320 GB HDD

Posts 85
Jeffrey Mashaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2012 2:56 PM

Scott Alexander:

Your concerns are a high priority for the upcoming release. Expect improvements in support for concurrent multi-user collaboration.

I am very excited and hopeful to see what Logos is able to achieve with this product. If these kinks are worked out, Proclaim will be my primary presentation tool for the foreseeable future.

Macbook Pro  |  OSX 10.6.8  |  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 |  4 GB Ram  |  320 GB HDD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS