Anchor Bible Dictionary Updated

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6699
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 10 2012 4:10 PM

Logos has just updated a number of resources. Included the Anchor Bible Dictionary,  

Thanks Logos. This was done free of charge. The updated resources are now hyper-linked to the documents quoted in them. Logos published the resources after the dictionary was published, and therefore under no obligation to link them free of charge. Imagine how many hours it took. We get the updated book at no additional cost. How many companies would have done that?

That is why their resources cost more than an ebook which can only be searched.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 4:16 PM

Lynden Williams:

Thanks Logos. This was done free of charge. The updated resources are now hyper-linked to the documents quoted in them. Logos published the resources after the dictionary was published, and therefore under no obligation to link them free of charge. Imagine how many hours it took. We get the updated book at no additional cost. How many companies would have done that?

Peace, Lynden!     *smile*       Thanks for a great post -- indeed!            Blessings and may our Gracious God give  a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family!       *smile*

And!  Thank you, Logos!!!

Romans 5:3  Romans 5:4  Romans 5:5

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 4:51 PM

Very Cool. Thanks Logos.

Posts 1779
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 5:12 PM

Happy Dance.  So many more links. The resource that is the reason I got Logos to begin with just got much better.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:32 PM

Lynden Williams:

Yes

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:44 PM

Very cool, I now have some of these resources (not just Perseus, but COS, Pritchard and Pseudepigrapha) so it will be awesome to have these in Anchor Bible Dictionary.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:53 PM

Great! I was wondering why the download was still indexing. I did not think the free John Owen book would take this long.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1534
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:53 PM

Wahoo! Like Simeon and Anna in the New Testament, mine eyes have long wanted to see this day... when the ABD gets updated! Big Smile

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 7:30 PM

Otto S. Carroll:

Lynden Williams:

Yes

YesYes

Posts 2874
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:01 PM

Yes Thanks, indeed!

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1
Amnet XML Team | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:26 AM

Great NewsSmile

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 5:16 AM

God bless Logos abundantly

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 5:21 AM

YesBig Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 6:52 AM

Ben:
mine eyes have

That wasn't supposed to be "mayonaise", was it?  Wink  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 3:55 PM

I had a quick look at AYBD this morning. There certainly seemed be some good improvement in the linking there. Thank you, Logos.

Posts 674
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 7:52 PM

Me too. I'm currently studying how the Bible was compiled and canonized. Last week, I had to manually search out citations in ABD. Tonight, I simply click. NICE.

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 11:20 PM

Yes HHHMMMmmm~~~ Yes

Posts 689
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:01 AM

I add my heartiest thanks for the upgraded linkingBig Smile

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS