Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:37 AM

I am having a great deal of trouble with notes in mac. Its been sometime sense I have worked in them and I thought it would be fixed by now. 1. When I type in notes there is a delay in it appearing. 2. When I copy and paste from some other book in my library it sometimes doesn't appear where I have put my cursor. Are others having this problem and if so is someone working on it?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:05 AM

Wondering about Logos 4 Mac version ?

In Logos 4.5 Beta, Highlighting and Notes are combined; every highlight is a note.  Wiki Mac and PC User Interface Differences => Feature Parity includes some Logos 4.5 Beta improvements in Notes.

Apologies: not know when stable Logos 4.5 will be ready for use, which includes Sync v2 framework modifications for syncing Highlighting and Notes with mobile devices, which will need mobile app upgrade to include Sync v2 along with Logos server upgrades.  Am aware many Logos users are anxiously anticipating sync of Highlighting and Notes plus reading plans, ... (not know what will be ready when for volume use by Logos user community; actively being tested and developed by Logos to insure your user data will sync correctly).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:17 AM

I'm talking about doing a study in notes from the file dropdown. I'm not sure thats what your talking about.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:33 AM

Ronald Sharp:

I'm talking about doing a study in notes from the file dropdown. I'm not sure thats what your talking about.

I think what is being asked of you is are you using the stable release 4.3 or the beta for 4.5. If the beta did you update to beta 14.

Blessings

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:03 AM

Was this something that would have been down loaded automatically. how can I find out what your asking?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:02 AM

Ronald Sharp:
how can I find out what your asking?

Please click on "Logos Bible Software 4" in menu bar, then click "About Logos Bible Software 4"; wonder what version you are using ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:23 AM

I'm not sure where your sa¥ing to click and how can I find out what version I'm using?

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:32 AM

Here are the steps you need to take

Click on the Logos Bible Software 4 next the Apple

Then click on the About Logos Bible Software 4

and you will see

That's the version I am running. Logos Bible Software 4.5 Beta 14

If you are beta testing, but running Beta 13 go to the command bar (see first picture where says "command" that's the location) type update now and press return/enter.

Blessings

Philana

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:43 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Ronald Sharp:
how can I find out what your asking?

Please click on "Logos Bible Software 4" in menu bar, then click "About Logos Bible Software 4"; wonder what version you are using ?

Here you go Ronald:

EDIT: Note to self. Please pay attention when you are in the MAC forum.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 12:11 PM

It says I'm running 4.3 SR-8 if i'm looking in the right place.

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:10 PM

Ronald Sharp:

Ok so you are using the latest stable release. The next thing that will help us to help you is knowing which computer you are running it on, how much memory you have and how much free space there is on the hard drive you are running Logos from.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:22 PM

Ronald Sharp:

Logos 4.3 SR-8 is the current stable release.

Ronald Sharp:

I am having a great deal of trouble with notes in mac. Its been sometime sense I have worked in them and I thought it would be fixed by now. 1. When I type in notes there is a delay in it appearing. 2. When I copy and paste from some other book in my library it sometimes doesn't appear where I have put my cursor. Are others having this problem and if so is someone working on it?

Currently, Logos is not working on Notes in stable 4.3 release.

Logos development is working on Notes and Highlighting in current 4.5 Beta releases along with other items.

Many Logos users have expressed anguish about typing lag time in Notes, a known issue in Logos 4.3 on Mac and PC.

Wondering about example copy and paste from some other book; would like to try replicating using Logos 4.5 Beta.

Curious how much is being copied from resource(s) and pasted into Note(s) ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:51 PM

Mac OSX

version 10.7.2

Processor 2.66  GHZ core 2 Duo

Memory 4GB and where can I find what memory is available?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:54 PM

Ronald Sharp:

Wiki has http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Troubleshooting#Slow_Performance section that includes a screen shot of Apple's Activity Monitor, which shows memory usage (including page outs).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:44 PM

Where do I find this activity window?

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 1:15 AM

Ronald Sharp:

Where do I find this activity window?

You can see by the screen shot that KS4J directed you to that 'Activity Monitor' is a program. As your whole Mac is indexed in Spotlight all programs show up there.

Hence to find this activity window hit +Space to open the spotlight search and start typing A c t  and by now the Activity Monitor should be your top hit.

Ronald Sharp:

What was asked was how much space there was on your hard drive.

Go to finder (usually bottom of the screen left most icon on the Dock) select the Hard Drive and (right click or two finger click) on the icon to bring up the menu - select "get info|" and read off the information from the 'General' section.

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 4:23 AM

It says that I have 2.8 GB free so I don't think thats the problem. Also the Notes to build a study that I'm talking about . This is the notes that you find when at file tab and in the box along with others ways to study you find notes. It also works the same way on my air mac when I use it. When I type it doesn't respond putting the test in without a delay and when I copy and paste from another book it doesn't put it where I have the cusser. I noticed yesterday that after sometime goes by that it put it where I intended it to be. That is the pasted test. This must be a program problem in this notes program because the logos program doesn't work this way in in other part of the program. I need help is there anyone that I can call and talk with about this? 

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 4:26 AM

Now it copied the test that I have typed it the notes program two times.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:21 AM

Ronald Sharp:
This must be a program problem in this notes program because the logos program doesn't work this way in in other part of the program. I need help is there anyone that I can call and talk with about this? 

Logos 4.3 has Notes performance issues.  Unfortunately, Logos does not have program fixes for Logos 4.3; Logos development is working on improving Notes performance in current 4.5 Beta development cycle (plus many more improvements).  Hoping for Logos 4.5 release candidate later this month.

Using Logos 4.5 Beta 14, would like to try to replicate copying and pasting issue.  In PC Beta forum, one Logos user with lots of Notes has replied that Logos 4.5 Beta 14 is noticeably faster on Windows for Note syncing and typing.  Apologies: not yet know if Notes speed improvement includes Logos 4.5 Beta 14 on Mac, planning to test this weekend.

Would like to see screenshot of something you want copied into a Notes file so I can try to copy and paste using Logos 4.5 Beta 14 on Mac.

Logos 4.3 workaround for Notes copy and paste is creating your own Personal Book.  Caveat: does need docx file to be saved and built for use in Logos; albeit copy and paste is much faster.

Option: could email Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact with reference to this thread.

Ronald Sharp:
It says that I have 2.8 GB free so I don't think thats the problem.

If (when) Logos 4 completely rebuilds indexes, the indexer can temporarily use more than 1 GB so current free space should be adequate.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 10:45 AM

So are you saying that this problem will be fixed at some point for my system as it works now or am I going to have to get another computer or just what are you saying. I don't know how to take a picture of my screen so I can send it to you.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS