Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 11:16 AM

Here is the picture of my notes. I hope you can open it. file://localhost/Users/ronsharp/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202012-01-13%20at%201.10.12%20PM.png

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 11:55 AM

Ronald Sharp:
Here is the picture of my notes. I hope you can open it.

Apologies: my computer cannot open file on the desktop of your Mac.

Wiki has Using the Forums  => Adding a picture to a Post that shows using paper clip in forum editor to attach a file (picture).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 12:10 PM

Ronald Sharp:
So are you saying that this problem will be fixed at some point for my system ...

Hopefully, but until stable Logos 4.5 is shipped, I do not know if Logos 4.5 improvements will be enough for Notes usability on your existing system: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz processor is a bit older; newer 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 would be noticeably faster for many Logos 4 items.

Apple has faster refurbished Macs => http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac (especially 2011 models).

When Apple ships newer Mac models this year, anticipating older models to drop in price.  MacRumors has a buyer's guide => http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Personally hoping for Logos 4.5 release candidate (and stable version) later this month.  Since appreciate many changes in Logos 4.5 Beta (and Logos Servers along with mobile apps), I would rather wait for stable 4.5 release that is reliable to use for syncing Highlighting, Notes, ... across platforms quickly.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Paul Overby | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2012 9:03 PM

Greetings!

I am having the same problem as Ronald Sharp. When I type, there is sometimes a delay between my typing and the letters appearing in the notes section of Logos. When the delay happens, the CPU usage for one processor spikes and then susides quickly. Cocurrently, the disk activity peaks suddenly and then subsides quickly.

Some have suggested that the host Mac does not have enough resources to adequately run the notes in Logos. My new Mac mini utilizes a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 with 8 GB of ram. As a result, I find it difficult to believe that a lack of computing power is the problem. On the contrary, I suspect there is a problem in the Logos programming.

If my understanding is correct, there is no fix for this problem at this time. However, there is a potential fix in one of the future software revisions. Is this correct or is there a current fix for this problem?

Thank you, 

Paul Overby

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 1:42 AM

Paul Overby:
If my understanding is correct, there is no fix for this problem at this time. However, there is a potential fix in one of the future software revisions. Is this correct or is there a current fix for this problem?

Welcome Big Smile

Curious about Logos 4 Mac version ? current stable version is Logos 4.5 SR-1 (4.51.0.2057)

Also wonder about amount of notes in file ?

If using stable Logos 4, option is contacting Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact (with your permission, can share desktop)

Another option is attaching screenshot or link to a video showing notes sluggish response so Logos developers can "see" issue.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 504
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 2:32 AM

I also have the same symptoms. There is a noticeable lag between keystroke and the appearance of the letter when entering a note. This symptom is NOT apparent using L4 in Windows.

Bob

EDIT: I just upgraded to L4 B5 and it seems that the lag is not nearly as bad. In fact, it is virtually gone (unless my eyes are deceiving me). I have also noticed that notes made in L4 B5 have NOT synced to my ipad. The highlights have BUT NOT THE RECENT NOTES made in L4 B5. Not sure if this is a bug or some other kind of problem.

FURTHER EDIT: The notes created in L4 B5 HAVE synced. It just took forever but they did sync! Sorry for the false alarm!

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

MacBook Air (2017) Mojave

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:16 AM

Latest beta - notes performance is vastly improved.

Where's that virtual High Five button!!

Posts 504
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:36 AM

Agreed on the "virtual high five"!

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

MacBook Air (2017) Mojave

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS