Bible Speed Search in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2009 6:00 AM

I appreciate that Logos 4 is much faster in its ability to search the entire library.

However, I haven't found a way to perform a Quick Bible Search where you get immediate feedback from the results of a Bible search as you type. All the ways to search in L4 of which I am aware require an execution of the search before results are displayed. I have not seen a way to get the as-you-type results that were in the Bible Speed search.

This search was one of my most used features in Logos 3. Maybe it was just me but it to be the fastest way to find a verses where I was vague on the exact wording. No faster way to find a specific text. I feel somewhat hampered without it. 

I realize that there is immediate feedback on available search terms from the entire index as you type but I don't find this as helpful as the immediate results from a combination of words from the Bible itself.

Is there a way to do a Speed Search in Logos 4 that I am missing?
Did this feature get cut in the paradigm shift?
Is it in the pipeline for a future release?

If it is part of a paradigm shift and there is a logic behind why Logos 4 has a better approach than the Speed Search, would someone mind helping me see that?

Thanks,

Russ

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 6:01 AM

Russ,

there is a discussion about this on this forum somewhere....it's not (see as you type) available in v4.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:35 AM

Robert Pavich:

Russ,

there is a discussion about this on this forum somewhere....it's not (see as you type) available in v4.

Thanks, Robert.

I just added my two cents to that discussion.

It is located here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3483/34157.aspx#34157.

It is title Simple Search which explains why it didn't show up when I searched for Speed search before I posted to this forum.

Posts 5
Mark Tetzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:29 AM

Russ, I'm just like you, can't live without a speed search

Posts 37
steve haworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 12:51 AM

just like you guys, i use it everyday - at the moment using logos 3 just for speed searches but much prefer everything else in logos 4

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 1:44 AM

steve haworth:

just like you guys, i use it everyday - at the moment using logos 3 just for speed searches but much prefer everything else in logos 4

Hi Steve,

Apologies, if you are all ready aware of this, but subsequent to these earlier posts (which date from November 2009), Logos has introduced an approximate equivalent of 'Speed Search'. Select 'Search (while typing)' as per the screen shot below and you will get similar results to the speed search in L3...

Andy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS