Can't raise font size above 56.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Rares Curutiu | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 16 2012 10:30 AM

Hello,

My pastor told me about this software and yesterday I decided to try it out.

Main thing that bothered me was (as title sais) the need to encrease the font size cause its too small on projection and I couldnt.

We are using a windows 7 platform.

If there are any fixes pls help me.

God bless you.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 10:47 AM

Click "Customize"

Select the text box and resize it to get it bigger. Maybe you need to insert some line breaks in the text as well.

Now you can raise font size above 56

Posts 3
Rares Curutiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:03 AM

I tried with just 1 verse also and still wont go bigger.

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 11:16 AM

Hi Rares - and welcome to the forums.

Is the discussion at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/40818.aspx relevant to what you are seeing?

Graham

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 1:26 PM

Rares Curutiu:

I tried with just 1 verse also and still wont go bigger.

You'll want to be sure that the Bounding Box surrounding the text in the Customize window is not limiting your text size. Try dragging the bounding box to be larger.

The other factor that could be limiting the text size is the longest line. Proclaim automatically resizes your text to keep all of the words on the longest line on ONE line. See if you have one or two longer lines in the lyrics.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 3
Rares Curutiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 2:47 PM

Thanx for all the help ppl. I tried all those things and its not getting high enough. Am i going to break each verse in 100 pieces every time? Even Amazing grace cant go higher then 58 w/o breaking and making it look ugly. why other programs can do it and this can't? I know it's beta

I understand what Proclaim wants to do with the non breaking but there must be some other solution to this.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 4:31 PM

Rares Curutiu:

Thanx for all the help ppl. I tried all those things and its not getting high enough. Am i going to break each verse in 100 pieces every time? Even Amazing grace cant go higher then 58 w/o breaking and making it look ugly. why other programs can do it and this can't? I know it's beta

I understand what Proclaim wants to do with the non breaking but there must be some other solution to this.

Can you post a screen shot of your slide in the Customize screen like the one I posted? That might help me determine what is going on in your slide.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 13
Jake Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:00 AM

I am still "playing" with Proclaim. One thing that I was also trying to do was increase the font because the size was not going to work. I noticed a couple of items:

1) When I "TYPE" in the text, I can resize, change color, any number of things with ease. 

2) However, when I "IMPORT" from Logos it will not allow me to change anything except insert a slide break. I only have a 4 word sentence copied from logos and it was so small I had trouble viewing it from my laptop - let alone projection.

2a) I selected some text from a Logos Resource I wanted to display, right clicked and the option, "Send to Proclaim" came up. Cool feature! The problem seems to be that Proclaim sees it as a JPEG (fixed image) and not text that can be changed.

I would be curious to know if you are typing in your text - then clicking customize; or if you have imported it from Logos or something that is seen as a fixed image.

Regardless, I recommend that Proclaim look into being able to adjust imported text from resources direct (which is really nice) rather than having to copy to clipboard and then paste; which is an easy work around.

Hope this helps,

Jake

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 9:52 AM

Jake Carroll:

1) When I "TYPE" in the text, I can resize, change color, any number of things with ease. 

2) However, when I "IMPORT" from Logos it will not allow me to change anything except insert a slide break. I only have a 4 word sentence copied from logos and it was so small I had trouble viewing it from my laptop - let alone projection.

That is very odd. Just so I am sure I understand, you imported some text from Logos 4 and Proclaim will not let you delete characters, type or format the content?

If you're referring to the font size, one thing to remember is that Proclaim resizes text to keep all content on one slide unless you add your own slide breaks.

2a) I selected some text from a Logos Resource I wanted to display, right clicked and the option, "Send to Proclaim" came up. Cool feature! The problem seems to be that Proclaim sees it as a JPEG (fixed image) and not text that can be changed.

Which resource were you copying from? In some cases the content will in fact be an image. 

I would be curious to know if you are typing in your text - then clicking customize; or if you have imported it from Logos or something that is seen as a fixed image.

Regardless, I recommend that Proclaim look into being able to adjust imported text from resources direct (which is really nice) rather than having to copy to clipboard and then paste; which is an easy work around.

That is very strange. Which version of Proclaim are you using (check version by selecting Help > About Proclaim)? Mac/PC? 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS