Logos 4 Will No Longer Load

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 18 2012 1:27 PM

A while back, without thinking, I upgraded my notebook browser to IE9. Now Logos 4 will no longer load, either online or off. I have rolled the browser back to IE8 to no avail. I have also uninstalled Logos 4 and reinstalled. Still no change. As far as I can tell, no other programs have been affected.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Michael

Posts 27265
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2012 1:51 PM

Logos 4 is not affected by your internet browser. 

Describe what happens when you try to run L4, but enable diagnostic logging so that we can look at some logs after you attempt to run it. Please read http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging carefully and upload logs to the forum, especially logos4.log and any crash/error log.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:50 PM

Michael, since this doesn't have to do with IE, you might also check on the underlying software which is Microsoft .NET Framework. Check to see if it is installed via the Control Panel Remove Program app. You should see two entries for .NET. If they are there, see if you can run Repair on them. Hit Uninstall/change and when asked, select the Repair option.

When uninstalling Logos 4 be sure to uninstall the Logos 4 Prerequisites as well as Logos 4. Enable Diagnostic logging as Dave said and try a reinstall. That should generate at least a short log or two you can upload.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 12:27 PM

Mark,

The Control Panel on the notebook (the one where Logos 4 no longer works) reveals only one .Net Framwork file, .Net Framework 4 Client Profile. What should the other .Net Framework be?

Michael

Posts 27265
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 12:42 PM

If you have Windows 7 .NET 3.5.1 is a Feature (click the button on the left side of Programs and Features) so cannot be repaired. Let's just see some logs as per my previous post.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 2:08 PM

Michael,

My second file is Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended. Perhaps it has nothing to do with how Logos functions and some other program needed it.

As Dave mentioned the log files would be required to go further into this.

Dave,

I definitely seem to have the option to repair or remove both .NET Framework 'features' in Control Panel. This is .NET Framework 4. Here's a screen shot of what comes up:

.NET Framework 3.5.1 does show up on the Feature List and .NET Framework 4 does not. Perhaps I am confused and Logos uses 3.5.1 and not version 4? If so then you are right about not being able to do anything about it.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 2:37 PM

Dave,

I will try to get some logs for you tomorrow.

Michael

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 2:45 PM

Mark,

I completely uninstalled the Net framework and Logos 4. I then reinstalled the Net Framework 4 (since my desktop uses net framework 4 and works fine) and now show the two net files you mentioned, I then reinstalled Logos 4 to no avail. Will try gwtting some log files tomorrow.

Michael

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 3:15 PM

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
I then reinstalled Logos 4 to no avail.

We cannot fault you for not trying. Logos probably uses the .NET 3.5.1 framework.

Diagnostic logging is easy to enable. Do it permanently and you'll always be able to upload files in the future if needed.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 27265
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:33 PM

Mark Smith:
We cannot fault you for not trying. Logos probably uses the .NET 3.5.1 framework.

Logos needs .NET 3.5.1 and will install it if necessary.  Other programs need .NET 4 but not Logos 4.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS