Bug: Proclaim does not retain default settings when using custom backgrounds

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 21 2012 6:53 AM

I have today noticed an inconsistency in the UI.

Where I use a default background for a content slide (say, in this instance, when adding a bible verse), Proclaim retains the settings. Consequently, I need only change the background on the first slide and, when I add additional Bible verses, whether it be directly or via L4, the background is retained.

When I use a custom slide, however, Proclaim reverts back to a default background. This is a huge drawback. Consider, for example, the custom background in the screenshot below. In order to get this to work, I need to upload the background as a jpeg (which is reasonable), then select it as a background, then change the font colour to white (via customise), then resize the margins (because the default does not extend to the edges of the screen thus limiting the amount of text which can be displayed, etc., etc.).

To do this once is understandable, however, to do this (as with this Sunday) for 30 slides is overly onerous and runs contrary to the ethos underpinning Proclaim (simplicity).

I presume this is not by design and would be grateful if you could confirm whether this will be addressed with future updates.

Thanks once again,

Andy

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 1:25 PM

Andy Evans:
I presume this is not by design and would be grateful if you could confirm whether this will be addressed with future updates.

If I understand you correctly you want Proclaim to default to the last background and style when adding a new item, regardless of whether that item is a default gradient or a custom upload and style. If so we have a case for this.

In the meantime the best workaround is to use the Reuse Items feature. 

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 2:59 PM

Scott Alexander:

If I understand you correctly you want Proclaim to default to the last background and style when adding a new item, regardless of whether that item is a default gradient or a custom upload and style. If so we have a case for this.

Apologies I was less than clear. You have understood me correctly and this is excellent news. Thanks again, Scott.

Andy

Posts 12
Peter Makovini | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 3:34 AM

Hi Scot.

I would like to inquire about the way font styles and backgrounds are handled.

I experience a challenge with this as anytime I want to use some of my darker backgrounds I have to go to also customize and play with fonts. At the moment the default font is simply BLACK. Is it possible to change this (or have a button to set the default) to perhaps - white with black edges - (this combination usually works virtually with any background).

Secondly, what about an option that would make it possible to change all the backgrounds/fonts in the playlist to add flexibility?

Thirdly, when I manage to create a worship slide that has acceptable background and font combination and then ADD a new song it does not use my previously customized settings, and the entire process begins again. 

I am not sure how clear are my descriptions, but I would like to ask whether there is any plan to change this.

Thank you

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2013 1:33 PM

Hello Peter,

Right now there is no way to change the default font color for uploaded images; the best alternative would be to use the reuse items menu.

Peter Makovini:

Thirdly, when I manage to create a worship slide that has acceptable background and font combination and then ADD a new song it does not use my previously customized settings, and the entire process begins again. 

If you create a song item and customize it to your liking, the next song item you create will preserve the changes you made. The best option for this situation is also to use the reuse items menu.

The options you propose here have been talked about, however I cannot give an ETA to when they will be implemented. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 2
Simon Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2016 12:36 AM

I have to say that contrary to your statement, to whit, "If you create a song item and customize it to your liking, the next song item you create will preserve the changes you made" we do not have this happen with our installation of Proclaim. Each and every week we have to change the font and other settings of EVERY song we intend to use; even the songs that we have manually entered! To be honest we are at the point of suggesting the church abandon Proclaim (there are a couple of other issues too that crop up intermittently).

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2016 8:47 AM

Simon Taylor:

I have to say that contrary to your statement, to whit, "If you create a song item and customize it to your liking, the next song item you create will preserve the changes you made" we do not have this happen with our installation of Proclaim. Each and every week we have to change the font and other settings of EVERY song we intend to use; even the songs that we have manually entered! To be honest we are at the point of suggesting the church abandon Proclaim (there are a couple of other issues too that crop up intermittently).

Simon, thanks for the feedback and we feel your pain. A temporary workaround is to save your new text style (e.g. font and color) and apply the style as a set, outlined here. We are actively working on a multi-select edit solution which will make this process much easier.

You mention other issues cropping up, can you share the details? 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS