Home page differences (Weird...)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:54 PM

I loaded Logos 4 on my laptop and desktop last week. A few minutes ago, I started them up at the same time to see which computer worked fastest and noticed that each computer had different content on the Home page. Of course I loved the information included on the desktop and would have felt robbed had I only seen the content on the laptop. The home page included a picture of Ezekiel's Temple. 

Any thoughts as to what is going on? Thanks in advance. I just thought it was weird.....

Thanks!

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:09 PM

RevWilming:

I loaded Logos 4 on my laptop and desktop last week. A few minutes ago, I started them up at the same time to see which computer worked fastest and noticed that each computer had different content on the Home page. Of course I loved the information included on the desktop and would have felt robbed had I only seen the content on the laptop. The home page included a picture of Ezekiel's Temple. 

Any thoughts as to what is going on? Thanks in advance. I just thought it was weird.....

Thanks!

Christina

The home page has a kind of built-in randomness to some of the things it pulls out to display. It's also possible that the information you're seeing on the desktop is on the laptop on page 2, or 3 or 4. The randomness is supposed to help make serendipitous discoveries. The display of Ezekiel's temple is from a resource you own, so you have the resource with it on both computers!

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:11 PM

RevWilming:

Thanks!

Christina

Christina,

Some of the info on the home page is randomly drawn from your resources and refreshed daily. I don't think those aspects are sync'ed, but since I'm running on one machine, I'll let others confirm that. I know that we have all reported different things on our home pages -- I assume that holds true between computers. There's been some people upset with some graphic images related to circumcision, which many of us didn't see on that specific day and/or haven't seen yet.

Chris

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:18 PM

No worries, some of the home page content is identical (Blogs) and some is randomized (snippets, book of the day, etc.) 

That way it's always new.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:38 PM

If one own's the resource, then it should appear in both computers.

Posts 5261
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:59 PM

I think it would be more accurate to say it "can" appear on both computers...but I don't see why it ought to be.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS