Jobs Needed?

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 39 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 856
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 24 2012 5:42 AM

i was just reading another post here and read how one of our frequent posters needs a job. In this current economy I would guess that there are others here or people close to us that we know who need work. So I thought we could start a thread for prayer. If you want to put your name here, we can pray for you. If you know someone in your Congregation / Family or Community who is out of work ,,, please put only their initials as we should try to preserve the dignity of those who are already distressed. I think this would be a good policy.

So, if I may, please pray for:

One of our forum MVP's who needs a job;

People in my Congregation: C.B., R.A. and A.A. 

* I will be checking back here and will pray for every one listed. And I know there are many others who will do the same.

Posts 2938
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:00 AM

Yes  Will pray.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 30479
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:41 AM

Thanks Ron - JT Wink

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:01 AM

Ron Corbett:

There are two of them, one of whom responded with thanks

Will pray

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:30 AM

I currently have a pastoral position but we're struggling to get by financially so I'm in need of a new position or additional (and better paying) work on the side (and more time in the day to do that work!) so I'd appreciate prayers on the job front.

Posts 1917
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:39 AM

Please include me as well.  I have been out of work for way too long.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 3:59 PM

Me as well. Thanks!

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:26 PM

Me too, have had two stokes in 45 days, can not work and waiting for my diabilitym my wife works, and we are barely making it right now,  could use prayer and someday a job again.Did I mention I have brain damage and a bad back from get hit by a car!

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:36 PM

Jack Caviness:

Ron Corbett:

There are two of them, one of whom responded with thanks

Will pray

Thanks Big Smile plus praying with tears in my eyes Crying knowing the wondrous Love of God, who answers prayers in accordance with His will.

Ron Corbett:
If you know someone in your Congregation / Family or Community who is out of work ,,, please put only their initials as we should try to preserve the dignity of those who are already distressed.

Congregation: I.A., G.B., B.P., M.S., J.W, and me.  I'm praying for honest work that glorifies God, see Ephesians 4.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 6:06 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
... praying for honest work that glorifies God, see Ephesians 4.

Thankful God is so good.  Yesterday had 3 full time job offers: after praying, peacefully accepted one.  Looking forward to starting a new position on Monday along with expanding my Logos library.

Thankful for many friendly forum discussions: have learned a lot about Logos Bible Software plus have a lot to learn.  Caveat: working full time will substantially reduce my forum interaction.

Thankful can cry out "Help, Lord" because God already knows, which has been helpful with a number of Logos Bible Software issues.  Personally have learned that praying "Help, Lord" is much more effective than muttering at something electronic.

Praying for many who are still unemployed, especially those who want to do honest work that glorifies God so can give to those who have need.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 532
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 6:18 PM

GR is in great need of a job.  I will be praying for the others on this list.

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 6:38 PM

http://blog.logos.com/2012/06/logos-is-looking-for-a-few-awesome-people/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LogosBibleSoftwareBlog+%28Logos+Bible+Software+Blog%29

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 6:51 PM

BillS:

You beat me to it Bill!  I was just about to post a link to that blog post.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 8:45 PM

Have been praying for the brothers and sisters, however, I am in need also. Please keep me in your prayers as I have also been out of work much too long and still have many responsibilities. We each know that God will allow these things to occur in our lives, and we also know that God is with us, so I ask that each will pray in agreement that this will be a short trial for all and for strength in enduring.

God bless!

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2012 3:24 AM

Yesterday had 3 full time job offers: after praying, peacefully accepted one.  Looking forward to starting a new position on Monday

Praise the Lord—Who answers prayers in His own time. Still praying for others.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2012 5:00 AM

I am going to be unemployed in a couple of months.  If anyone knows of a chaplain position that is open, please let me know.  Thanks  (FYI...I have five units of CPE).

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2012 11:46 AM

Yesterday had 3 full time job offers

When it's raining, it's pouring. Smile Happy for you, but we'll miss being able to rely on your knowledge and helpfulness.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2012 12:40 PM

I've had a job in the works through a friend of mind (and Christian brother) for some months now, and I'm supposed to start working in July.  I'm really trusting the Lord for His Hand on this.  I'm in seminary full time and have had help paying for my tuition, etc (as I've been trusting in the Lord not to have to get a student loan), but unfortunately, my help can't continue helping me.  So if the job doesn't pick up when it's supposed to, I'm going to have a hard time paying for school, which starts late August.  And by hard time, I mean I don't know how I will be able to.

Also, if it does start well enough, I'm going to be making a brand new transition in my life to full time school plus (probably) full time work.  I'm a good student who makes good grades (I don't mean this boastfully outside of Christ producing a love for learning in me), so it will be tough maintaining good grades during this time.  This is compounded with the fact that I'm in a 5 year undergrad program, and I've felt led to take 5 classes this fall to try to cut the time down to between 3 and 4 years.  I've only taken 4 classes a semester until now.  So it's not surprising that I would appreciate any and all prayers from my brothers and sisters in this time.  It will be a trying time, to say the least.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2012 4:06 PM

Robert Wazlavek:
I'm in a 5 year undergrad program, and I've felt led to take 5 classes this fall to try to cut the time down to between 3 and 4 years.

Careful, I did a 5 year program (162 hours) in a little over 3. I would not advise anyone to repeat that. When you flame out during the last semester, you can't slow down then Geeked It was a very rough last semester.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2012 4:12 PM

Jack Caviness:

Robert Wazlavek:
I'm in a 5 year undergrad program, and I've felt led to take 5 classes this fall to try to cut the time down to between 3 and 4 years.

Careful, I did a 5 year program (162 hours) in a little over 3. I would not advise anyone to repeat that. When you flame out during the last semester, you can't slow down then Geeked It was a very rough last semester.

Besides which, you can always find a few courses you would like to take that aren't in the curriculum. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS