Highlighting all gone after 4.5 upgrade

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 46
Jon Dart | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 25 2012 6:23 AM

Today I upgraded to Logos 4.5. I have extensive custom highlighting styles (which are still there), which I had applied to literally thousands of verses in my preferred Bible. However, after upgrading, all the highlighting in my Bible has been replace by plain yellow highlighting. Please tell me I can get my highlighting back! This will take days to fix. Help!!!!

Posts 30473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 6:37 AM

what do the palettes look like? Have they become all yellow?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 46
Jon Dart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 6:40 AM

No, the palettes are fine. Only the actual highlighting over the Bible text has changed to a basic yellow. I can erase the basic yellow highlighting and apply a custom style from my custom palette fine, but as I said, it will take days to fix that way.

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

Was the highlighting initially created in LDLS3 and imported into Logos 4, or was it all created in Logos 4?

Posts 46
Jon Dart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 6:56 AM

Logos 4. The highlighting I applied as late as yesterday is affected. The graphics I had added to my custom styles have all completely disappeared from the margins of my Bible where I applied the custom highlighting as well.

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

We're looking into this problem.

Posts 46
Jon Dart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:53 AM

Originally some of the highlighting styles may have been created in LDLS3 and imported into Logos 4, but all my custom highlighting styles have been heavily modified, saved and resaved in Logos 4.

Posts 35
Michael Quillen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:57 AM

I am seeing the same thing.  None of the custom highlighting shows up - it's all regular highlighting (yellow). I had created a custom palette ("Mike's Visual Markup Palette") that contained styles from "highlighter pens," "inductive" and other places. 

Now, all of my highlighting appears to be in one note file ("Highlighter Pens") and none in "Mike's visual..."

All of the custom shortcuts are gone except the one for yellow highlighter.  I had "C" for "covenant" and "Q" for question, etc.

Michael Quillen, pastor, First Presbyterian Church (PCA), Crossville, TN

Win 7, iPad (3rd gen), iPhone 5S

Posts 3
Mony Antoun | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:03 AM

I am seeing the same thing as well. The highlights that came with the program are OK, but the ones I added myself in Logos 4 have all turned yellow.

Posts 46
Jon Dart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:04 AM

My highlights are now all contained in a Notes file called Miscellaneous Highlights

Posts 25762
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:15 AM

Hi Jon

Jon Dart:
My highlights are now all contained in a Notes file called Miscellaneous Highlights

Were / are the custom markups defined in a palette called "Miscellaneous Highlights"?

If so, then the upgrade to 4.5 would have created a new notes file called "Miscellaneous Highlights" and placed all the highlights into it.

So it sounds as though that part of the process worked fine.

Graham

Posts 46
Jon Dart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:23 AM

No. My custom palette is called "Jon's Custom Markup Styles." Logos 4.5 just randomly generated a Notes file called "Miscellaneous Highlights."

Posts 30473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:30 AM

I wonder if the name "Jon's Custom Markup Styles" caused Logos problems? Could it be the length or apostrophe?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 35
Michael Quillen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:42 AM

alabama24:

I wonder if the name "Jon's Custom Markup Styles" caused Logos problems? Could it be the length or apostrophe?

I was wondering the same thing since my custom palette has an apostrophe...

Michael Quillen, pastor, First Presbyterian Church (PCA), Crossville, TN

Win 7, iPad (3rd gen), iPhone 5S

Posts 46
Jon Dart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:52 AM

Would that have caused all my highlighting to default to plain yellow? The real question, though, is how to get the highlighting back.

Posts 133
Cindy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:23 AM

I'm just sick because the same thing has happened to me!  I spent a great deal of time marking my bible just the way I wanted it, only to find this morning that it's ALL been turned into plan yellow highlighting!   In fact, the entire bible is now all solid yellow!   I've tried unchecking all the highlighting possibilities except for the one I use which is my copy of precept inductive bible study highlighting style and yet that's all that still shows.  So I tried unchecking everything except the new misc. one and that removes the majority of the yellow highlighting so at least the entire bible isn't yellow, but every single verse that I applied any highlighting to is now yellow!  I just want to cry!  What can I do???  Is there any way to get my highlighting back???  I feel like I'm having a nightmare.

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:01 AM

Jon,

The next time you sync, Logos 4 should download two new documents: "Jon's Additional Markup Styles (Fixed)" and a "Miscellaneous Highlights (Fixed)". These will contain your highlights from Logos 4.3, and your Bibles should be highlighted correctly.

When you've verified this, you can delete the old documents (without "(Fixed)" in the name) from the File menu, and rename these documents.

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:08 AM

Michael, Mony, Cindy:

We are looking into these problems and will post any updates here.

Posts 133
Cindy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:20 AM

Thank you!

Posts 46
Jon Dart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:14 PM

Thanks, my highlighting is back

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS