4.5 Service Release 2 (v4.50.0.1869) available

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 26 2012 4:26 PM

4.5 Service Release 2 (v4.50.0.1869) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 4.5 SR-2 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. If you encounter problems with the auto update, download 4.5 SR-2 from this link.

Release Notes

Posts 7
Thomas Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 5:35 PM

Thanks for providing this manual link. For what ever reason the Update Now command only updated resources, not Logos engine.

Posts 1
William Fu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 9:52 AM

In the last three updates including 4.5 SR-2, every time I installed the update, my Avira antivirus shows the "AppData\Local\Logos4\Logos4.exe" has TR/Dropper.Gen5[trojan] Malware and was removed. Can Logos development team check virus before the release is pushed out, because the ordinary user does not know how to fix?

William Fu

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:03 AM

William Fu:

In the last three updates including 4.5 SR-2, every time I installed the update, my Avira antivirus shows the "AppData\Local\Logos4\Logos4.exe" has TR/Dropper.Gen5[trojan] Malware and was removed. Can Logos development team check virus before the release is pushed out, because the ordinary user does not know how to fix?

We've notified Avira that Logos4.exe is not a virus, but they haven't yet removed it from their virus database. Another user has provided instructions of how to stop Avira scanning/quarantining Logos 4: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/44395/330581.aspx#330581

You can also report it (through Avira) as a false positive, which may help them stop this incorrect detection.

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:27 AM

After having downloaded SR-3 and updated Logos, I now permanently get the yellow triangle sync error message: "An error occured during synchronization, click to try again". Closing and reopening the program doesn't change it. Are your sync servers down?

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:32 AM

me too.

mm

mm.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:39 AM

Theolobias:
After having downloaded SR-3

You mean 2, right?

Theolobias:
Are your sync servers down?

I believe they were for a short time, but it now works again for me.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:41 AM

fgh:

Theolobias:
After having downloaded SR-3

You mean 2, right?

You're right! Yes, of course!

fgh:

Theolobias:
Are your sync servers down?

I believe they were for a short time, but it now works again for me.

Just checked it again - works for me, too, now.

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:44 AM

I no longer get the sync error, but new highlights do not sync at all (my previous highlights from before today did go over). Also - is there a way to force a sync on the iOS app (like clicking the sync icon on the desktop application)?

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 4:40 PM

Thank you.  My highlights are back and my sync is working.

Kaye

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Fred Greco:

I no longer get the sync error, but new highlights do not sync at all (my previous highlights from before today did go over). Also - is there a way to force a sync on the iOS app (like clicking the sync icon on the desktop application)?

Notes and highlights sync is temporarily disabled on iOS. We are working on a fix.

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 2:28 PM

Tonya J Ross:
If you encounter problems with the auto update, download 4.5 SR-2 from this link.

Why does the "installer" from that link download a 25MB prerequisites file that then does nothing? (Unless there are new prerequisites for 4.5, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any unmet prerequisites.)

And why can't we directly download the *real* (~45MB) installer directly instead of the bootstrap installer which simply proceeds to download the real installer?

Why does it matter, you might ask? The answer is pretty practical. Some of us have access to significantly faster (and perhaps uncapped, though that's not an issue for me) internet connections at locations other than where we have Logos installed. If we can download the entire installer there and copy it to where we do have Logos installed, it makes our lives significantly easier.

Donnie

Posts 67
LogosEmployee
Bryan Albert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 3:20 PM

Donnie Hale:

(Unless there are new prerequisites for 4.5, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any unmet prerequisites.)

And why can't we directly download the *real* (~45MB) installer directly instead of the bootstrap installer which simply proceeds to download the real installer?

Donnie, 

4.5 does require an update to the prerequisites, so if you were updating from a pre-4.5 release, you should have gotten the prerequisites installer.

The "bootstrapper" program, Logos4Setup.exe, performs a number of actions which are more easily and efficiently handled by a real program than a Windows Installer installation package. For example, by having two separate Windows Installer packages (the Logos4Prerequisites.msi and the Logos4.msi), we can move the 25 MB of content installed by the Prerequisites installer to a package that only needs to be downloaded when it changes. This is a real benefit for those who don't have higher-speed Internet or download limits. There are other things that the bootstrapper does, such as installing prerequisites elevated and the rest of the system unelevated. 

Bryan

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 3:23 PM

Bryan Albert:
4.5 does require an update to the prerequisites, so if you were updating from a pre-4.5 release, you should have gotten the prerequisites installer.

Thanks for the prompt response. Given that I didn't see any action after the download of the prerequisites, what update was required? I typically think of something related to the .NET framework. Was it that or something else?

Thanks again,

Donnie

Posts 67
LogosEmployee
Bryan Albert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 3:35 PM

Donnie,

It would have been related to installing font updates to the system. Depending on your OS and UAC settings, it should have asked your permission to elevate in order to run the per-machine prerequisites installer... The bootstrapper launches the Logos 4 installer straight away after installing the prerequisites, and you'd have to watch pretty carefully to tell that it was a different installation. The Windows Installer dialogs for each installer are identical. 

Bryan

Posts 38
jcc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2012 5:00 PM

Bryan Albert:

Donnie, 

The "bootstrapper" program, Logos4Setup.exe, performs a number of actions which are more easily and efficiently handled by a real program than a Windows Installer installation package. For example, by having two separate Windows Installer packages (the Logos4Prerequisites.msi and the Logos4.msi), we can move the 25 MB of content installed by the Prerequisites installer to a package that only needs to be downloaded when it changes. This is a real benefit for those who don't have higher-speed Internet or download limits. There are other things that the bootstrapper does, such as installing prerequisites elevated and the rest of the system unelevated. 

Bryan

How about making the latest installer DVD available for download so that for those who don't have higher-speed Internet or download limits can download them from a computer with no limit or faster internet (or download them at a time of their own choosing), and then install logos offline on the computer with slow or no internet connection.

Posts 29797
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2012 5:17 PM

jcc:
How about making the latest installer DVD available for download so that for those who don't have higher-speed Internet or download limits can download them from a computer with no limit or faster internet (or download them at a time of their own choosing), and then install logos offline on the computer with slow or no internet connection.

I think you will find the link at the very top of this thread is what you are looking for. You can download the installer, burn it to a cd (or flash drive), and install it elsewhere.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2012 6:35 PM

jcc:

If have access to a computer with no limit (or faster internet), one possibility is installing Logos 4 on that computer, then use wiki steps => http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS