BUG: Copying and editing slides causes Procliam to "quit unexpectedly" Mac client.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 12
Josh | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 28 2012 11:21 PM

To help rule out hardware architecture, we swapped Macs and it occurred again.  This happened on two MacBook Pros.  15" 4GB ram.  And, 17" 16GB ram (mine).

If needed I can provide bug reports from the other mac as well.

1464.Proclaim_Crash.txt5280.Proclaim.log

Posts 12
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:52 PM

The constant crashing while editing slides is still persisting, on both computers.  It seems more prevalent on slower internet connections.  Is there a need for the program to constantly synch the info you're working on?  Is there some way to manually put the program offline for editing, and synch manually?

More info from one of the macs.

3301.Proclaim.CommonCrash.txt

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:22 AM

The log file you posted does not seem to capture the crash. If possible, it would be great to recreate the crash then attach the log file before restarting Proclaim. The log files are overwritten each time the application is run.

What exactly causes the crash? Do you have to perform a sequence of actions, such as copying a certain slide type before editing? 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 12
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 2:56 PM

Simply duplicating a slide to use as a template and editing it, i.e. re-naming it, changing the content, will cause the program to crash.  Is there a program from you guys I can run while running Proclaim to register mouse clicks and record re-production data?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 11:37 PM

I believe we just shipped a fix for this tonight. Unfortunately you will need to manually install as described here - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/44791.aspx

Posts 12
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:27 AM

OK, I'll manually re-install the client, and inform our presentation technician to do so.  I'll keep you guys updated on if that fixes it.

Posts 12
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:38 AM

Manually re-installed the client as per your instructions, and re-produced steps to get another crash, this time I got the crash report generated by OSx Lion.  I copy-pasta'd it to a PDF.  I breezed through it, and it does show the thread containing the crash, and the ones prior.  Some interesting things going on, especially the question marks where thread functions are supposed to be.

3823.Proclaim Crash.pdf

Posts 14
John C Marshall | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 6:21 AM

One thing I haven't heard any body mention is this didn't start occurring until the most recent update. Have you guys checked what was in that update that would cause us to start crashing? Is there a way to return us to the version before that update? May be stupid questions, but just asking!

Posts 12
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 9:18 PM

I have another crash report generated by Osx.  I hope these help.

http://pastebin.com/N277HREz

Posts 9
David Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:16 AM

Proclaim on Mac continuing to spontaneously quit while adding slides.

7268.Proclaim.log

Posts 9
David Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:19 AM

Here's another log file.1732.Proclaim.log

Posts 12
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:30 AM

Personally this issue isn't too much of a bother because I Alpha and Beta test a lot of software.  It's just not something I would expect from a release.  Perhaps a Release Candidate.  Our projection tech, however, is at her wit's end, and I'll be having to do much of the work putting together our services, while working a case study for the sound system.

This line seems to be what they have in common.

"Exception NSGenericException: No current point for control point bounds"

1830.Proclaim_Crash.txt

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 9:25 AM

We have a fix for this issue in build 82. We also had issues with our auto updater for Mac so you wouldn't get build 82 unless you followed the instructions here 

The auto update bug should be resolved today so simply running the app later tonight should pick up the fix. Thanks for your patience.

Posts 12
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 9:34 AM

Thanks for the quick work guys, I'll keep an eye on things after the update to build 82 and let you know how things are going.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 4:51 PM

Just shipped build 86. Also, build 77 will now upgrade automatically.

Posts 12
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 18 2012 10:21 PM

Everything seems to be going ok so far.  However, I will be posting another report on the poor audio quality of clouded videos.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS