Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 30 2012 6:19 PM | Locked

I'd tell you what the beta release is (4.5a, beta 2?) but it just opens and hangs, reminds me of the original logos 4 for windows a couple of years ago.  Worked fine until this update.

No indexing happening, but I can't open or close anything I have to force close it.  Hoping for an update soon.  It has all the memory or cpu occupied I'd say.

os x 10.7.2 (Lion) 

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 6:42 PM | Locked

By chance, do you have Logos set to open to a layout that has a reading plan displayed? Some (me included) have seen the reading plan bring the system to a crawl.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 6:43 PM | Locked

Would like to see diagnostic log files for hang context.  Also curious about Mac model ?

Edit: also wonder if opening a Reading Plan, thread => Reading Plan Shifted After 4.5a Update includes 100 % CPU busy.  One option may be opening Logos 4.5a Beta 2 to a blank layout: launch, quickly press and hold command key, when login dialog appears, release command key, click "Use a blank layout", then sign in.

Wonder about enabling diagnostic logging, restarting Mac, then launching Logos 4 Mac, repeating hang, waiting 6 minutes, using force quit if still no response, compressing log files, followed by reply with zip file upload ?

Option: download and use an applescipt application 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display your logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Mac  with terminal commands, which are used in the applescript application.

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting  => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac  has the log posting steps, including link to  Logos Log Scribe application to create a zip file on your desktop (copies console messages, then compresses contents of your Logging folder for posting).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 7:20 PM | Locked

Michael Birney:
I have logos on 4 computers, 2 windows, 2 apples, so beta on a couple is no big deal - I was just pointing out the problem.  This is my favorite apple, so having it work would be nice.

Is the beta unusable on all 4 computers? I know that you are frustrated, but there are many of us who are not having these problems. As KS4J suggests, you should post some logs. Hopefully they will give some of those more technically minded and idea of what is going on with your account.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 4:28 AM | Locked

I am not frustrated, only the apple beta has issues, annoying, but if I am using the beta I need to expect things like this happen.

I am trying to open to a blank screen, when it does open logos looks like it is doing something to my reading plan.

How do I open to a blank screen?

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 4:56 AM | Locked

It's the reading plan, same bug as listed in the other thread that Chris said to look at.

Taking it off of list view fixes it.  Calendar view is not really a great view on this macbook air, but it will have to do until that bug is fixed.

Thanks everyone for your input and help.

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 5:04 AM | Locked

Glad you got it figured out. The list view for reading plans is clearly a bug needing to be squished, but at least we can get around it the calendar view.

You might want to bookmark the Mac Beta forum. It is intentionally hidden so not to confuse non-beta testers. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS