Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 16 2015 4:37 AM

ilian:
How should I interpret the silence on this topic?

Logos has never committed to making the mobile app a "full featured" application. If you need those features, you will need to either use a laptop or something like a Surface Pro.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1857
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 16 2015 5:18 AM

alabama24:

Logos has never committed to making the mobile app a "full featured" application.

That should definitely be checked out. Many users want it (not necessarily "full featured", but any offline features like BWS)! Does something speak against it?

For the moment, it would be enough if Faithlife would implement the following suggestion: https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/3613782-simple-offline-guides-and-lookups (Simple Offline Guides and Lookups)

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 16 2015 7:29 AM

ilian:
Does something speak against it?

I have no idea... but I do know that the web app will allow mobile users to have more features... albeit online only.

Posts 1857
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 2:26 AM

ilian:
For the moment, it would be enough if Faithlife would implement the following suggestion: https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/3613782-simple-offline-guides-and-lookups (Simple Offline Guides and Lookups)

alabama24:

ilian:
Does something speak against it?

I have no idea...

@Faithlife, could you please give a short statement about it?

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 10:11 AM

ilian:
How should I interpret the silence on this topic? Confused

The most likely explanation is that we didn't see your post. (Using "@Faithlife" doesn't alert anyone directly.)

I'm not on the mobile team, but I've alerted them to comment on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 10:16 AM

We recognized that offline access to certain data and tools is very important to some customers. We're actively working to make more data and tools available offline, but I don't have a timeline to share.

Posts 1857
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 11:26 AM

@Eli, thank you for your help!

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

We're actively working to make more data and tools available offline, but I don't have a timeline to share.

That's good news!!! Can you say, which offline tools are planned?

Posts 603
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 9:56 PM

I find my Asus Vivo Tab Note 8 64 GB running Windows 8.1 handles Logos 6 very nicely. It provided me what an iPad Mini couldn't offline. Dell also has tablets running Windows 8.1 whose owners report real satisfaction with Logos 6. A PCMagazine comparison of tablets running Windows 8.1 helped me decide what I wanted and now treassure.

Posts 1857
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2015 11:15 AM

Thanks for the info, but I dont`t plan to change to a Windows Tablet (I have a iPad and this is a forum for "iPhone/iPad Apps")... Wink

Posts 1857
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2015 1:31 AM

ilian:

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

We're actively working to make more data and tools available offline, ...

That's good news!!! Can you say, which offline tools are planned?

Dave, are there any concrete plans for some offline tools (like BWS)?

P.S.: This topic is of great interest (more than 8000 views)!

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2015 10:30 AM

ilian:
Dave, are there any concrete plans for some offline tools (like BWS)?

We don't share our roadmap because plans inevitably change and I'd rather pleasantly surprise you by delivering something you didn't expect than disappoint you by not delivering something you did expect. We do listen to what users ask for here and on UserVoice and we are taking those things into consideration.

Posts 1857
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2015 12:50 PM

Thank you for your quick response!

I hope then for an early surprise! Wink

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 2:37 PM

ilian:

Thanks for the info, but I dont`t plan to change to a Windows Tablet (I have a iPad and this is a forum for "iPhone/iPad Apps")... Wink

Obviously nobody really knows at this point, but I am hopeful that the new rumored "iPad pro" this year will run full Mac OS so that Apple users can finally enjoy the full Logos experience on a tablet. I have to admit I have considered buying a windows tablet just so I can have a much more full-featured version of Logos on a tablet. But alas I can't justify the expense when that's the only thing I would use it for, being an Apple guy myself. :)

Posts 1857
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 8:11 AM

I have read that you can use Android and iOS apps in Windows 10. If that is the case, then that would be an interesting alternative for me. In Windows 8.1, I would miss some apps. The same also under MacOS ...

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 8:22 AM

ilian:
I have read that you can use Android and iOS apps in Windows 10.

That isn't quite true. For clarification: MSFT is working to make conversion of those apps an easier process. Who knows how successful they will be in their efforts. 

See here: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/microsoft-brings-android-ios-apps-to-windows-10/ 

Posts 1857
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 7:41 AM

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

We recognized that offline access to certain data and tools is very important to some customers. We're actively working to make more data and tools available offline, but I don't have a timeline to share.

Is there any news after two years "under review" (see https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/3613782-simple-offline-guides-and-lookups )?

Posts 3
Forbe Carlson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 15 2018 4:06 AM
Hi, I'm new to this. Although I have been a Logos user for several years. I would love to be able to use the exegetical guide on my iPad while offline. Thank-you. Forbe Carlson Missionary in Kenya
Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS