Customer Service and transfer of license

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:27 PM

Monday 23rd of January I bought Theological Reference Bundle from another Logos user. I paid him and the same day he sent an email to Logos to transfer the license for these books to me. The transfer fee should be charged his credit card. When nothing happened he resent the email 27th of January and called Customer Service to be sure they had received the email. They told him that they had received the necessary info and that we just had to wait. Wednesday this week (1st of February) I sent an email to my sales rep (in connection with another purchase) and asked him to help me. He promised to ask Customer Service to look into it to speed up the process.

I was expecting that the transfer should take 1-2 days, but now I have been waiting 11 days. Is it common that the transfers take so long time?

Is it anything more I can do to get my resources before the weekend? I need the resources...

Posts 5655
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 1:19 AM

Hi Raymond 

Seems to me that the transfer should be pretty easy. I would ring customer support and tell them you will hang on until the transfer is made and the download starts.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 10867
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 3:41 AM

Raymond Urne:
I was expecting that the transfer should take 1-2 days, but now I have been waiting 11 days.

That does not seem right. If you cannot get satisfaction from CS, send an email to Bob Pritchett (Logos CEO) bob@logos.com

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 7:20 AM

Thanks to both of you!

I called Customer Service at 6:05 AM "Logos time" and explained everything. They found the license but had to double check with the rest of the people working there so that the transfer only happens once. He promised that he would try to activate today.

I asked him to do everything he can to speed up the process. I am now hoping and waiting for the download to start. I think maybe someone tries to teach me patience:)

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 12:19 AM

It is Saturday in Europe. Still no books downloaded.

A person from Customer Service called me yesterday (Friday) at 8:00 AM local time to give me an update. He told me that everything was ready but they had to wait for the only (!) person that could unlock the resourced when it was a transfer. He had sent an urgent request and hoped that it could be done before the weekend. The last thing I did before I went to bed yesterday was to send an reminder on email.

Woke up this morning to find that the books are still not availible, and no message from Logos. But I had received an email from seller. He had also spoken to Customer Service yesterday. They told him that the resources were locked on his account and that I should "have it next week some time".

Seems that I still need to teach patience. Now the best I can hope for is that I get my resources the third week...

Mike Binks:
Seems to me that the transfer should be pretty easy.

Mike, it doesn't seem to be easy:)

Posts 5655
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 3:39 AM

Belated tip - just in case you hadn't realised.

When I speak to customer services I use Skype to keep the cost down.

It means when I am on hold - or they are sorting something out I can get on with some other stuff.

Usually spurious comments on these fora. 

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 3:46 AM

Mike Binks:
When I speak to customer services I use Skype to keep the cost down.

It means when I am on hold - or they are sorting something out I can get on with some other stuff.

Good tip. That was also what I did.

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 11:20 PM

The 15th day after our request for the transfer of the license has passed, and still no books.

I contacted Customer Service latest yesterday and received the same answer that I have received the last days: "the manager is working to get it done today".

Maybe a responsible person from Logos reads this and will help me? It should not be that difficult to transfer a license from one person to another? I have been a Logos user for many years and I have heavily invested in my library, and I have always been satisfied with the customers service. This time I can not say the same...

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 11:41 PM

You have my sympathies, Raymond.

Given your circumstances, have you considered purchasing the collection and then returning them after the licence has been transferred? It might make it difficult to determine whether the licence has actually been transferred, but at least it should give you immediate access to the books. Just a thought...

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2012 11:45 PM

I think you might want to take this issue up the food chain.  I think its time to get Bob involved.  Send him an email now....for the morning......

Just tell him basically what you have written us.  i would say list who you bought from....what you bought......if you paid the 20 fee or not and that it has taken all this time.....because verifying the other person....verifying you.....etc....Just email Bob...I am sure it would be done tomorrow for atleast the "important" book....that your wanting.....just let him know....

William

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 12:30 AM

Jack Caviness:
That does not seem right. If you cannot get satisfaction from CS, send an email to Bob Pritchett (Logos CEO) bob@logos.com

William Bingham:
I think you might want to take this issue up the food chain.  I think its time to get Bob involved.  Send him an email now....for the morning......

I sent an email to Bob this morning. I hope that will help.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 3:15 AM

About a month ago I also sold a Logos item and had the license transferred to the new owner.  It was done in about 2-3 days.  Maybe it depends on the item?  IT does, however, sound like a real problem.  Further up the chain sounds like a good idea at this point.

Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 12:38 PM

Raymond,

Sorry the license transfer has not been completed. We are working on transfering the products but needed additional information. An email was sent to the two you. I apologize again for the delay.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS