Walter Kaiser, Messiah in the Old Testament

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 122
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 8 2012 10:59 AM

This is a great resource.  I'm surprised that it's not already available in Logos.

Irving

Posts 280
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:22 PM

Yes, this would be a wonderful resource to have in Logos.

Posts 122
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:27 PM

In fact, I think it would be nice to have a Walter Kaiser collection.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 1:18 PM

Irving Salzman:

what particular ones are you hoping for?  (I assume you know there are several WK books in Logos already, although I am thinking of a few that are not, too, like several in his "Toward . . . " series.)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 31326
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 1:20 PM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 122
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 1:28 PM

Dan DeVilder:

Irving Salzman:

what particular ones are you hoping for?  (I assume you know there are several WK books in Logos already, although I am thinking of a few that are not, too, like several in his "Toward . . . " series.)

The "Toward ..." series, "The Promise Plan of God," Preaching and Teaching the OT," and others.  I know some of the aforementioned titles are in Logos.  However, they are included in reference bundle collections.  You have to buy a lot of other books to be able to get some of Kaiser's individual titles.  I just think it would be nice to put together a Walter Kaiser Collection.  He is that good.

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 2:27 PM

I totally concur...a "Walter C. Kaiser" collection would be a dream.  He is one of the people I have learnt most from.  

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 3:10 PM

Irving Salzman:

This is a great resource.  I'm surprised that it's not already available in Logos.

Irving

Yes! Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 24253
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:06 AM

Hi Ivring

Irving Salzman:
Preaching and Teaching the OT

Just to let you know, this is available standalone in Logos at http://www.logos.com/product/7361/preaching-and-teaching-from-the-old-testament-a-guide-for-the-church

Graham

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:34 AM

Irving Salzman:
You have to buy a lot of other books to be able to get some of Kaiser's individual titles.

You can find a lot of Kaiser's individual titles as stand-alone purchases:

http://www.logos.com/Products/search?Author=Kaiser%2C+Walter+C.%2C+Jr.&start=&sort=pricelo&pageSize=15

But I do agree a Kaiser collection would be a nice way to gather all of these up (and some more that are not yet available) for one nice price.

Posts 122
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 5:35 PM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Ivring

Irving Salzman:
Preaching and Teaching the OT

Just to let you know, this is available standalone in Logos at http://www.logos.com/product/7361/preaching-and-teaching-from-the-old-testament-a-guide-for-the-church

Graham

Thanks, Graham.  Good to know.  I have the paperback edition of it.

Posts 122
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 6:05 PM

Rosie Perera:

Irving Salzman:
You have to buy a lot of other books to be able to get some of Kaiser's individual titles.

You can find a lot of Kaiser's individual titles as stand-alone purchases:

http://www.logos.com/Products/search?Author=Kaiser%2C+Walter+C.%2C+Jr.&start=&sort=pricelo&pageSize=15

But I do agree a Kaiser collection would be a nice way to gather all of these up (and some more that are not yet available) for one nice price.

Thanks, Rosie.  Unfortunately, Kaiser's book 'Messiah in the OT' is a glaring omission.  I would love to see it made available for Logos.

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:10 PM

I would definitely like to see "The Messiah in the Old Testament" by Walter Kaiser Jr! I have had to use it for a number of my OT classes at my university, and it would be great to have it in electronic formate!

Posts 2816
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 11:41 PM

Yes. Requested previously here http://community.logos.com/forums/p/9751/77197.aspx#77197

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 461
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2013 5:58 PM

Add my name to the list.

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:50 AM

modern classic Yes

Posts 1243
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 5:00 PM

Yes!

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS