How long will the upgrade discount last?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 37
David Lowther | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2009 6:58 PM

I am fairly new to Logos, with the Leader's version of Logos 3. I am looking forward to upgrading to Logos 4 and I will probably upgrade to the Scholar's or Silver level. I can't really afford to upgrade right now, anticipating end of the year expenses, so I would rather wait until after the first of the year when I can get the higher level.

I am pretty sure that no one outside of Logos knows how long the upgrade discount will be available, but any guesses based on past experience? I emailed customer service for some guidance and the answer I got was a little disappointing, something like, "We can't guarantee the pricing after today." and suggested a payment plan. I understand that the pricing information is confidential, but I was hoping for something a little more informative and a little less like a sales pitch. I am going to have to take my chances on the discount being around a little longer.

Anyone remember how the last update was handled? Thanks.

Posts 2604
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:07 PM

I can't give you an exact answer, but I would definitely make your purchase with a sales rep instead of  online.  Sometimes they can give pretty good deals.  I have worked with Jim-Ray Higginson for several years now and am very satisfied with patience he took to help me find the best library for me.  I have since upgraded to Gold and now Platinum with Logos 4.

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:24 PM

If you search for January, you'll probably find a couple of posts on this issue. I remember someone for some reason positing that month as the cut off

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:33 PM

That indeed was the second-hand report:

How long will the discounted prices for the L4 packages last?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:34 PM

Mind you, it was only a hazarded guess. and there's no idea how accurate the fellow on the other end of the phone was.

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:38 PM

David Lowther:
I am going to have to take my chances on the discount being around a little longer.

Someone on this forum reported that special academic pricing for the upgrades was ending the end of this month. Obviously he'd hope for something past Christmas, as I'm sure others, do.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:04 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that the Logos email about the L4 release hasn't gone out yet.  I would wager that when it goes out the clock will start ticking.  Of course it could go out tomorrow. 

Only Bob knows.

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:13 PM

And for some of us, I guess time will run out.  Since I have an obsolete computer for L4, I have a more pressing cash flow problem.  At least I have L3.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS