I'd like to see more Charismatic / Pentecostal resources

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
John Jordan | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 16 2012 10:33 PM

I'd like to see biographies of guys like John Wimber and histories of the Azusa street revival and things like this.

Additionally I'd like to see more books about the Holy Spirit from a Charismatic perspective.

Posts 43
Dan Langston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2012 6:53 PM

Looks like there is a whole demographic of people that have yet to start using Logos.  Hopefully when they see the amazing functionality, the Charismatics/Pentecostals will see their resources begin to show up.  One obvious problem is the breadth of the Charismatic movement which has no real documentary trail outside of the Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements.  My guess is most Pentecostals/Charismatic scholars are still putting together their bibliography of preferred resources.  I personally would like to see Harvey Cox's Fire From Heaven as well as Blumhofer's Assemblies of God vol 1 & 2 just for the bibliography.  You might find that the Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center is a helpful resource for the Azusa street info.  The current Pentecostal Collection of some AG resources offered by Logos is a good start, but there is a long way to go.

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 20 2012 1:59 AM

Dan Langston:
Looks like there is a whole demographic of people that have yet to start using Logos.

If we did a quick survey I think that you would be surprised at how many here are from a Pentecostal or Charismatic persuasion.

I started using Logos a long time ago when I was part of a large Charismatic Church and have continued to use when I moved to a Pentecostal one. The scarcity of resources by Charismatic and Pentecostal authors has never been a significant issue for me because so much of our theology is not that different from many others of the Evangelical persuasion and even authors who hold views that we would disagree with like cessationism will look at the scriptures on tongues, healing, etc. in the same way differing primarily on the application for today.

What is definitely lacking though is material on some of our distinctives other than the negative material that is available.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 20 2012 3:45 AM

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS