How do I: undo, copy slides between presentations, default style for "add item"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Jeff Meyer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 18 2012 9:41 AM

OK, a few quesitions...

1.  I can't for the life of me find an "undo" button - is there a capability to undo changes?  I see one if I right click a slide, but that doesn't really work like I'd expect.

2.  Is there a way to copy a slide set from one presentation to another?  I have some neatly formatted slides that I'd like to re-use between presentations.

3.  Is there a way to set a "Default template" for the "add item" action? When I add an item, it uses some default plain style, and I need to change it manually.  It would be nice if Proclaim knew what template I had selected and added items in that style.

Thanks!

Jeff.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 18 2012 10:34 AM

Jeff Meyer:
I can't for the life of me find an "undo" button - is there a capability to undo changes?  I see one if I right click a slide, but that doesn't really work like I'd expect.

Proclaim does not have a "global" undo buffer. There are local undo buffers in the open presentation menu, order of service, and timeline. Each text input control supports the normal Ctrl-Z (Command-Z on Mac) keyboard shortcuts.

Jeff Meyer:
Is there a way to copy a slide set from one presentation to another?  I have some neatly formatted slides that I'd like to re-use between presentations.

You can use the Reuse Items menu to select from previously created service items.

Jeff Meyer:
Is there a way to set a "Default template" for the "add item" action? When I add an item, it uses some default plain style, and I need to change it manually.  It would be nice if Proclaim knew what template I had selected and added items in that style.

We have an open case for defaulting to the last media and style for each service item kind in the add item menu. In the meantime I recommend using the Reuse Items feature.

Posts 4
Gary Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:23 PM

Scott, is there a way to Delete items from the Reuse items menu?  I would like to get rid of some repeat slides and those I no longer need.

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 3:43 PM

The reuse menu has all the service items that are in any of your presentations. So the only way to remove a service item from the reuse menu is to delete it from all of your presentations.

The reuse menu is ordered by most recently used items, though, so any that you don't use very often will sink to the bottom.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS