Logos Bible Atlas

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:41 AM

Is there a way to incorporate the Logos Bible Atlas into L4? IMHO, the Bible Atlas is still a powerful tool. It is helpful in being able to plot out the various cities on your grid, and then get a 3D perspective, from various viewing angles, on how people had to travel. Over the years Logos has mentioned they were working on an upgrade. Has the update expired due to L4?

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:18 AM

Does anyone on the Logos team know anything of an atlas update in L4?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:25 AM

Those maps are now part of biblical places.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:28 AM

Thanks Thomas.

I updated to L4 (just search engine) but have not been able to get the updated resources yet. Do the L4 maps have the 3D option that you can view from various angle?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:30 AM

Check out Logos 4 Videos   and look for biblical places video about 1/2 way down the page.

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 11:43 AM

DanCleghorn:

Thanks Thomas.

I updated to L4 (just search engine) but have not been able to get the updated resources yet. Do the L4 maps have the 3D option that you can view from various angle?

Dan:

Did you purchase a cross-grade, or just download the new engine? (more details at http://wiki.logos.com/Upgrade_or_Crossgrade) You'll need to cross-grade to Logos 4 to get the new resources.

The new maps don't have a 3D option (but the L3 Atlas still works in L4)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 12:26 PM

Sean Boisen:
The new maps don't have a 3D option (but the L3 Atlas still works in L4)
Logos Atlas and Logos Deluxe Atlas are not in my L4 system.  I never worried about it because I thought it was integrated with Biblical Places (I see maps there that I thought were from those resources). 

Should they be in my library?  If so they aren't.

Posts 34
Ian McAsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 2:32 PM

Thomas I have "Logos Delux Map Set" it does not show up as "Atlas". Can you find it / them under a different title / name?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:10 PM

IanMcAsey:

Thomas I have "Logos Delux Map Set" it does not show up as "Atlas". Can you find it / them under a different title / name?

Embarrassed Well, imagine my chagrin.  Yes I can.

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 9:12 PM

I may be missing something, but the strength of the resource called "Logos Bible Atas" is in building maps.  You get to choose the sites listed either by historical time period, or simply from a pick list.  Colors, etc. are all under your control.  It's not the maps listed that make the app powerful (though they are good): it's the engine that lets you choose what is on the map.

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 16 2010 8:51 AM

I agree. As in my original post, it is the ability to customize your maps as well as being able to rotate them in a 3-D format that makes this program wonderful. The Biblical Places in L4 are nice, but not nearly as good as the old Logos Bible Atlas.

Posts 3751
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 16 2010 11:08 AM

Sean Boisen:
the L3 Atlas still works in L4

Hi Sean,

I upgraded to platinum... I also have the L3 Atlas... but since upgrading to Vista 64, I haven't been able to get it to install... no longer sure my cd will even load without error... should I be able to if I purchased a replacement CD?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 16 2010 11:12 AM

BillS:
I upgraded to platinum... I also have the L3 Atlas... but since upgrading to Vista 64, I haven't been able to get it to install... no longer sure my cd will even load without error... should I be able to if I purchased a replacement CD?

No, the old Atlas program is incompatible with a 64 bit operating system. To use it you will need an older operating system. I don't know if running a virtual box of XP would work or not.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS